Rear Appliques and Key Fob Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VDV18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All - Used to be on here, my ex-wife and I had a 2005 Denali. Divorced, she took the Denali and I took my car. Traded it in and now have a 2010 Denali so I'm a little new to this platform, but I'm liking it. Anyway, just a couple of questions I'm hoping someone is able to help out with.

Are the Escalade, Tahoe, and Yukon rear appliques interchangeable just like the previous platform? I think so, but when I'm looking at them online there are slight differences in appearance. Are some better looking than others, or better suited for the Yukon Denali? My Denali currently has the standard black ones, but the vehicle is regular silver metallic. Is there a specific paint code/color I should be looking for if the appliques come from an Escalade or Tahoe?

I remember seeing posts that you could purchase key fobs for the 2014+ years and program them for ours, but can't find the post to know where to purchase and how to program. Does anyone remember? Maybe it was @Rocket Man?

Thanks in advance, I've tried to use the search function but think I just suck at it

Last edited:
Reaction score
The appliques are interchangeable, but the Escalade ones are shaped a bit different along the outer corner edge and match the shape of the Escalade tail lights. All yukon ones are black, and tahoe ones are color matched.

The newer key fobs that work aren't OEM, but aftermarket ones. I can't remember the name of the company that sells them. They're about $45.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
VDV18

VDV18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tom, the Escalade ones being shaped differently because of the tails makes sense. Appreciate it!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need to get key fobs for YOUR generation truck. Different year range fobs run on different frequencies and will not work with your truck however, boost automotive is the company that makes key fobs for both GMT800 and GMT900 platform SUVs that look like the 2015+ key fobs. I have a pair of them myself for my 2006 Denali. They are a bit pricey, 45ish bucks a piece. However they are incredibly well made and durable. One of my fobs went through both the washing machine and the dryer and it still works perfectly. Lol. You can order directly through their website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE