Rear, 2nd row, AC control console removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
regarding the antenna that must be something that a previous owner added? is it a ppv? have any pictures?
***nevermind I see it says in your signature SSV, taking the B pillar panel off might give you more room to work, sounds like the headliner is going to have to come down a bit.
I had to take off a similar roof panel on my new to me 2018 Silverado, I weigh 220lbs and I was literally hanging from that panel and it still wouldn't come loose I finally got it off with pry tools and pulling really hard I thought I was going to break it

Yeah that overhead console was in there pretty good. I think if I take the B-pillar trim off and the door seal out of the way.. I can pull the liner down far enoug to get a wrench in to tighten up an XM antenna. I wonder if that was done when they installed an antenna there in it's previus life.
Yup it's an SSV I really like that thing, except for the top dashboard cover.

Ron

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had no idea what that looked like. Mine had a cage and is just mounted flat to the roof on a piece of abs plastic with screws. I wouldn’t mind trying to get that piece back in.

I noticed that piece, a black bracket being rather large, and can't really get to it. I don't want to take all that apart, mess up wires, getting in from the "outside" is probably easier.

Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645