Rear 02 sensor and misfire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though that's usually true, that's nothing to do with the OTHER issue.
Your tuner said they tuned out the rear O2 sensors.
P0036 P0054 & P055 are definitive proof that your tuner made at least three mistakes (in my opinion, at least six and up to twelve, but nevermind that).

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least on HP Tuners there's 2 checkboxes to uncheck to disable the CEL codes. I think one disables the check and the other disables triggering the CEL light from actually showing. That's true on the 0411/P59, not sure if that's the same on the E38, etc.

My VATS/EGR delete on my 99 Silverado had EGR code pop up and had to be taken back to the guy that reflashed the tune.

Why the code popped up until now, I don't know. Maybe the misfire triggered the run that made the code pop up.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least on HP Tuners there's 2 checkboxes to uncheck to disable the CEL codes. I think one disables the check and the other disables triggering the CEL light from actually showing. That's true on the 0411/P59, not sure if that's the same on the E38, etc.

My VATS/EGR delete on my 99 Silverado had EGR code pop up and had to be taken back to the guy that reflashed the tune.

Why the code popped up until now, I don't know. Maybe the misfire triggered the run that made the code pop up.

I've been in a e38 ecm with hp. it's the same way, you unchecked the box and the ecm never looks at or reports the fails on that item again, be it o2 sensors, fail maf and fail map to tune the other side.

this is definitely one for the tuner to sort out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar