Ready to Order : LTZ or DENALI (Which has more issues) Buffetting, knocks, etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

broncophil

Reaction score
Ok, I am ready to order through the Credit Union Website.

I am ok with TAHOE LTZ or DENALI. I like the LTZ looks better, but want the 6.2.. so i'm ok with either

I am terrified of buying a $65k truck and end up with buffetting issues, or the knock issues that I am reading about.

Out of the two, which has most of the quirks ironed out

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are both the exact same basic truck, built from the same platform, cabin, power train equipment and built side by side.
Pick one

Chinzo

Reaction score
Denali, it has many new add on, especially 2015i models have not had any recalls or problems. Mine has manufactured date of 12/4/14 and it has about 3500 miles and it has not given me any problems.

NickTahoe15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same thing. DENALI has 6.2 and the 8 speed, other than that it's just cosmetic differences.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're both the same except the Denali has a 420 HP 6.2l motor with an 8 spd tranny along with some extra interior upgrades. All just a few thousand bucks more was enough to convince me to go with the Denali.

Last edited:

nac315

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm faced with the same debate right now... The Denali also has a larger screen in the instrument cluster. Also, I saw one at night and I think all components of the tail lights on the Denali are LED whereas LTZ has red LED borders but the actual break/ turn lights look like their incandescent. Not sure if the Tahoe has active noise cancellation either. Haven't fact checked any of this but it's what I've observed and gleaned from the GM order guides, which if you haven't found them are way more helpful than the dealer in understanding the precise differences from model to model. http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm renting a 2015 Suburban LT 4X4 with 1K miles on it right now and I need more power. Denali for me. Plus, if you can't get a Tahoe LTZ for $3K cheaper than Laura GMC's Denalis, it's a no brainer.

blackout07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoe looks better and from the looks of the buffeting thread on GMT the denalis appear to be the more afflicted. Although it could just be a numbers thing. But the problem is relatively isolated to just a small number of customers.

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM needs to forget about the brand hierarchy and get the 6.2l in the Chevy SUVs. Also consider making the console narrower and putting the old seats back in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willb

Latest posts