Rattle wind noise from A-pillar glove box area?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Deuce16GMCs

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. They run through the fire wall.

One them so mounted at the top of the firewall.

The other you can clear see with the hood open. It's a circular plastic gastric the penetrates the fire wall right where the glove box is.

AJMBLAZER

Reaction score
Hmmmmm. Our '22 Yukon is doing this. We can hear a faint rattle occasionally from the front passenger side while going at highway speeds. It does have a moon roof.

OP
OP
Deuce16GMCs

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm. Our '22 Yukon is doing this. We can hear a faint rattle occasionally from the front passenger side while going at highway speeds. It does have a moon roof.
Place you ear where the A piller meets the dash. Or open the glove box and listen to the firewall.

Is it louder then?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Deuce16GMCs

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check this out.

The Tahoe has this rattle behind the glove box/a-pillar area at exactly 80-85 miles an hour.

The service manager manager agreed to drive the vehicle at 80-85 mph. He duplicated the rattle. Everytime. He 100% confirms there's a rattle in the a-pillar area between 80-85mph.

BUT then he refuses to let the technicians attempt to diagnosis it because they aren't allowed to drive above the speed limit.

His suggestion...drive with the radio turned up. Seriously. $94,000 and that's the official answer.

They send out a field engineer, the engineer drives the vehicle at 70mph and says there's no issues under normal driving condition since the speed limit is 70.

My mind is blown away. Super Cruise let's you drive up to 85mph. And you're telling me that any issue with the vehicle that happens after 70mph cannot be diagnosed?

Why does GM screw with their customers like this? I don't want to fight tooth and nail to get them to honor their warranty.

I guess it's time to escalate. All I wanted was for them to fix it. I can't believe this is the norm for them.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well technically your not supposed to speed, and while on the clock they are definitely not allowed to break laws. So your rattle at 80-85 is beyond their allowed scope of ability to diagnose and fix. I mean sure they could tear down the a pillar and fuess what is causing the rattle, but if they make ut worse, they wouldn't know until you go speeding down the roads and then complain again. And then they also run the risk of making it worse or damaging parts. Most states frown on driving 80 85 and these are big vehicles to try to slow down or evade something at those speeds.

AJMBLAZER

Reaction score
Check this out.

The Tahoe has this rattle behind the glove box/a-pillar area at exactly 80-85 miles an hour.

The service manager manager agreed to drive the vehicle at 80-85 mph. He duplicated the rattle. Everytime. He 100% confirms there's a rattle in the a-pillar area between 80-85mph.

BUT then he refuses to let the technicians attempt to diagnosis it because they aren't allowed to drive above the speed limit.

His suggestion...drive with the radio turned up. Seriously. $94,000 and that's the official answer.

They send out a field engineer, the engineer drives the vehicle at 70mph and says there's no issues under normal driving condition since the speed limit is 70.

My mind is blown away. Super Cruise let's you drive up to 85mph. And you're telling me that any issue with the vehicle that happens after 70mph cannot be diagnosed?

Why does GM screw with their customers like this? I don't want to fight tooth and nail to get them to honor their warranty.

I guess it's time to escalate. All I wanted was for them to fix it. I can't believe this is the norm for them.
It’s not.

Ours was fixed. They tightened up the wiper cover assembly.