Random Codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vicnation

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a new-to-me 2006 Yukon Denali XL and there are various codes. P0C8B (Transmission code or serial data gateway code), B1259 (Digital Radio Receiver code - aftermarket radio but it does have the door chime), B3531 (rear climate control panel code). Any idea what direction I need to go to fix these issues? Are these common?

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As much as I feel like a broken record on so many posts... With your codes appearing to be unrelated and out of the blue, check conditions of ground connections. Bad grounds or corroded wires can sometimes make for very brief interruptions intermittently or with reduced current. Sometimes not enough of a difference or disruption for us to detect certain components are not working, but can be off just enough for the computer the start flagging conditions that are outside the programmed parameters and pop some codes.

Checking wires and ground contacts and making sure contact points are clean and tight costs nothing but a little time. Doing so will either fix your problem or it won't. If it doesn't fix your issue, you will at least have good grounds that will prevent other electronic weirdness down the road.

Good luck!

OP
OP
V

vicnation

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are the ground points you mentioned on the frame behind the drivers front wheel?

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the ground points you mentioned on the frame behind the drivers front wheel?
That seems to be one that can cause a number of weird electrical headaches if the contact is sketchy. There is also the main ground from the battery (-) to the engine block.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You won’t get rid of the radio code as long as an aftermarket unit is in there. The BCM will try to communicate with the stock radio forever and it won’t be there to answer. Ignore that code, it won’t illuminate the CEL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kchaga1978