SOLVED: 23 RSE no audio through car speakers on "listen in", anyone else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KSweet

Reaction score
Y'all I cannot do another service appt after yesterday, I'm losing my mind! Haha. I have the RSE in a 23 Yukon XL and the audio will not play when I click "listen in". This used to work when I purchased but stopped working recently. My carplay, regular AM/FM/audio works just fine. When i click off the listen in, it goes right to the radio like it should. However, click it back on and nothing. No sound. I know the RSE is not muted, I've also reset the system, I'm just at a loss for other trouble shooting. Is there something silly I'm missing or do I really have to schedule an appt for this?

I can't find this problem posted anywhere else so it's making me think there is something actually wrong I can't troubleshoot without them rebooting the systems for me.

I got the headphones out to try those but they need to charge still. That's my last ditch effort.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you happened to have done an OTA recently? I have heard OTAs have given folks other oddities but this one is new. Also I wont be any more help as i dont have rse.

OP
OP
K

KSweet

Reaction score
Have you happened to have done an OTA recently? I have heard OTAs have given folks other oddities but this one is new. Also I wont be any more help as i dont have rse.
I actually didn't have any since 10/6 purchase so I searched and there aren't any new ones to try... hoping it would be the opposite and fix this issue! haha. TY for the suggestion though I had not thought of that. I'm willing to try all the things at home before giving up my keys cause I love this thing!

OP
OP
K

KSweet

Reaction score
SOLVED! well, with a temporary bandaid until I can get in for the radio system updates at the dealer forced (or get some OTA).

Found this youtube video with info:

Tried what they said, put it in SAFE mode and let it restart. Audio works perfectly again while in this mode! I haven't driven it again after shutting it off, so I'm not sure if I'll have to repeat doing safe mode everytime but hoping I get an OTA soon. There are a few specific updates in the comments on the YT video that are supposed to fix this.

fredo0709

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm so glad I found this. I just took delivery of a 2023 Yukon XL Denali Ultimate last month and it's happened twice now. When I got the car, everything was working fine but about five days later, my kids were watching YouTube in the back and suddenly the "listen in" option produced no sound. I have tried everything from disconnecting carplay, phone, resetting the system, but nothing works. Then miraculously, it started to work again two weeks later. I'm glad to see someone else have this problem because it could point to software rather than a hardware issue (I thought maybe a cable connector was loose). I haven't tried the safe mode reset. I only saw that option yesterday.

OP
OP
K

KSweet

Reaction score
I'm so glad I found this. I just took delivery of a 2023 Yukon XL Denali Ultimate last month and it's happened twice now. When I got the car, everything was working fine but about five days later, my kids were watching YouTube in the back and suddenly the "listen in" option produced no sound. I have tried everything from disconnecting carplay, phone, resetting the system, but nothing works. Then miraculously, it started to work again two weeks later. I'm glad to see someone else have this problem because it could point to software rather than a hardware issue (I thought maybe a cable connector was loose). I haven't tried the safe mode reset. I only saw that option yesterday.
Congrats twin Ult!! What color did you get?! Are you using the massage seats even though they are so ridiculously "extra"?

And yes! Safe mode is super easy, I drove with it on yesterday and then driving it again today it still works (without doing the hard safe mode reset even). I just get in and it works now. I had the same scenario as yours we were good until we weren't and then couldn't figure it out. At least I have a fix between now and whenever the OTA update happens or I take it in for the first oil change and force them to reflash/update it.

I also heard if you connect to your home wifi it can help find updates more often but I didn't get any yet.

fredo0709

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Congrats twin Ult!! What color did you get?! Are you using the massage seats even though they are so ridiculously "extra"?

And yes! Safe mode is super easy, I drove with it on yesterday and then driving it again today it still works (without doing the hard safe mode reset even). I just get in and it works now. I had the same scenario as yours we were good until we weren't and then couldn't figure it out. At least I have a fix between now and whenever the OTA update happens or I take it in for the first oil change and force them to reflash/update it.

I also heard if you connect to your home wifi it can help find updates more often but I didn't get any yet.
Same to you! I got the black... it still looks huge even in black. Glad you brought the massaging seats up! I didn't know how to turn it on until I found the button on the left side of the seat. Now they come on every time I start the car! I can't shut them off and have it stay off when I start the car back up. lol.

I have also checked for updates and nothing so far. I also connected to my home's wifi and it should get a good signal even in the driveway.

Hopefully they iron out some of these kinks. Thanks so much for posting!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia