Radio and Back-up light issues on 2011 Tahoe PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011SSVTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got my new to me Tahoe last week. Only real issues are NONE of the speaker's work. Trying to find a diagram for the wire routing, got the one for the colors, and found the wires for connecting to the cop radio. I understand that at least the rear speakers should work but they do not. I did get my hands on a center console with the amplifier. And was wondering it is even possible to wire the AMP up.

The backup lights stay on all the time, very dim, and in reverse, it is still extremely dim. I did see some thoughts on checking the BCM and back up relay. Any other ideas?

OP
OP

2011SSVTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went and ran a continuity test from the radio harness in the dash to the rear doors and it is open, no connection. I checked the front and the rear speaker outputs and got nothing. Any idea where they may have cut them?

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt have rear speakers in mine, but thr harness was there. Harness was corroded so i ended up cutting it off and splicing it.

OP
OP

2011SSVTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My harnesses are there and working, just no connection to the radio side of the harness. I traced the wired to the driver and passenger side harnesses but could not trace to the radio itself.

OP
OP

2011SSVTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found the solution to the radio. Lots of wire under the center of the Dash between the dash and the floorboard. There were 2 blue connectors disconnected. Plugged them back together and the speakers work.

If anyone in the future finds this information helpful please comment.20190924_151844[1].jpg 20190924_151827[1].jpg

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found the solution to the radio. Lots of wire under the center of the Dash between the dash and the floorboard. There were 2 blue connectors disconnected. Plugged them back together and the speakers work.

If anyone in the future finds this information helpful please comment.View attachment 231322 View attachment 231323

Way to go!

Isn't it fun tracking down wiring issues in vehicles?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Surprised you didn’t find any PPV memorabilia when getting in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didnt have rear speakers in mine, but thr harness was there. Harness was corroded so i ended up cutting it off and splicing it.
I used a torch tip cleaner to rehabilitate the connectors on Lola. I swapped the door panels and speakers from thecopcar, where I learned one of the speakers was bad anyway. A new OEM unit was $26.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reverse lights were wonky on thecopcar when I got it. They worked long enough to pass inspection so I could register it. The fault turned out to be a failed reverse relay, which is hard wired into the underhood fuse panel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645