Radiator Fan Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

c6Vette05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have been too busy with work and family to work on this, but did try something new today.

Turned on the car, AC off, both fans start at normal speed when car warms up. Turn on AC, right fan stops and left fan goes into highspeed. Turn off AC, right fan turns on, left fan slows down to normal speed.

Is the AC computer controlled by the unit in the console or somewhere else?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have been too busy with work and family to work on this, but did try something new today.

Turned on the car, AC off, both fans start at normal speed when car warms up. Turn on AC, right fan stops and left fan goes into highspeed. Turn off AC, right fan turns on, left fan slows down to normal speed.

Is the AC computer controlled by the unit in the console or somewhere else?

FAN TEST.JPG FAN TEST 1.JPG FAN TEST 2.JPG

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Doubeleive. What kind of maintenance manual is that?
that's a paste from the factory service manual pdf file I purchased off of ebay, the manual runs about $25 or so, it's a little cumbersome because it's not really formatted properly so I just search it with keywords because it is a lot of pages, sometimes takes a lot of clicks to find what exactly you want because layman's terms and technical terms are usually different

OP
OP
C

c6Vette05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was wondering if I should invest into a copy of the factory service manual or not, seems like it might help. One last quick question, in that screen grab, which one terminal 87?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401