Quick Question about Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timee

Reaction score
I have a Fm transmitter in my truck so I can just get Bluetooth calling and music. But I always unplug it when I'm done driving because how the truck charging ports still work after truck is completely off. The transmitter shows like around 10.7(I'm guessing battery draw) when the vehicle is completely off so I just unplug it to not drain the battery. Will it actually drain the battery or is it something I should not worry about unplugging every time?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Fm transmitter in my truck so I can just get Bluetooth calling and music. But I always unplug it when I'm done driving because how the truck charging ports still work after truck is completely off. The transmitter shows like around 10.7(I'm guessing battery draw) when the vehicle is completely off so I just unplug it to not drain the battery. Will it actually drain the battery or is it something I should not worry about unplugging every time?
it might, really depends on how long it is left plugged in. you could rewire the port to be accessory power only.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah.. rewire it. unnecessary draw for nothing. just seems like a waste.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think they draw that much, but you could just pull it out slightly when done and not worry about it. I have the same thing in my 2008 and only power it when I can't find anything I like on XM.

The keyed on/off is a nice idea, but personally I hate that on my 2017. It's nice to have something alive so you don't have to have the ignition on, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17