Questions before my Yukon Denali order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

October

Reaction score
I am about to purchase a Yukon Denali and have a few questions:
1. Can I get a GMC serviced (including warranty work) at a Chevy dealer? GMC dealer is far from my house and a Chevy dealer is just around the corner.
2. Can you make the park distance control sensor beep when it the car is close to an object? During my test drive, it shows the graphic on the dash and can vibrate seat but no beeps despite setting warning tone to sound instead of vibrate in the driving aids settings.
3. When the 3rd row seat is fully down, can you fully recline the second row seats?
4. Is the power retractable running board reliable? I really don't want it but I cannot order adaptive cruise control without having this option included as part of the premium pkg.
Thanks.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
1 - Yes
2 - Not sure
3 - They wont recline as much as you probably want them to
4 - They are fairly reliable. You'll still have a 3/36 warranty on them. They should last LONG past that point.

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2. ...now that you mention it, I believe they do; but, it also could be my overly active imagination. I'll take mine to the hanger and see if I can run into something before I hear a "beep".
3. They are supposed to. Mine did not. Dealer fixed the problem...took about an hour and was done under warranty.
4. Haven't had any problems with them. I echo the warranty statement above (and if you're really worried, now, or in a couple of years, get an extended warranty).

SLTexas

Reaction score
Anon may i ask what problem the dealer fixed? I didn't think the 2nd row chairs would recline with the 3rd row folded flat?

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh crud...stupid me. I was reading recline and thinking "lay flat". Sorry guys. They recline but not very far...let's say a token recline. In my case the 60 side of the 3rd row and the two second row buckets did not "lay flat". The seats had not been correctly installed and now will lay flat.

Technically, that is known as an ID Ten T error, or ID10T. ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

October

Reaction score
When I looked at the Yukon, it appeared that when the 3rd row is down flat, it is right up against the rear of the 2nd row seatback. I forgot to check whether in that position, the 2nd row would recline at all. I intend to keep the 3rd row flat most of the time, which is why I am asking the question.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) Yes
2) Yes - change in the settings section of the Intellilink
3) Recline some but, as others have said, not hugely.
4) No idea yet. Warranty coverage can be extended if you are worried about it.

Great vehicle so far, you're not going to be disappointed.

Silveradolt18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just ordered my Denali today with the 2nd row bench...assuming this will also have the limited recline with the 3rd row stowed as well?

I went back and forth for about a week on the 2nd row...we've had the buckets since 2007 but with 3 kids and friends we always seem to be one seat short...so we're going to give the bench a try.

Really appreciate this forum as i was putting this order together!

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We might have also gone for bench if it weren't for the fact that all the kids are in car seats and we still want to be able to get to the back row without taking it all apart every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exilex2

Latest posts