Questions about slightly lowering a Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NIevo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a 2017 Yukon XL SLT with the Max Trailering that I am thinking of lowering a bit. Nothing crazy but thinking about a 2/3. I want to maintain full towing capabilities though is we will be using it quite a bit to tow.

Would something like the basic Belltech 1019 kit work? I'm thinking that only going down a couple inches the factory shocks should be ok for now?

Anything else I should consider or another route I should take to get down that amount with my suspension setup?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a 2017 Yukon XL SLT with the Max Trailering that I am thinking of lowering a bit. Nothing crazy but thinking about a 2/3. I want to maintain full towing capabilities though is we will be using it quite a bit to tow.

Would something like the basic Belltech 1019 kit work? I'm thinking that only going down a couple inches the factory shocks should be ok for now?

Anything else I should consider or another route I should take to get down that amount with my suspension setup?

The extenders are supposed to return 2" of travel to the shock, so it'd only be losing 1" if you did the 3" drop (installed 1" spacer with the 4" spring). That 1" won't make any difference. If you have ALC, you'll need to make shorter links so it doesn't try to lift back up to stock height.

Some say the drop springs are a lot softer than the stock ones. If this is the case, Air Lift or Firestone has helper bag kits you can utilize when towing if you don't have ALC or if it's insufficient.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269