Quality Aftermarket Projector Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scotty Mac 22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, 1st post here.

I've got a 2000 GMC Yukon SLT with the LM7.

I've been out of the truck scene for quite a few years and the aftermarket has kind of changed from my mini trucking and crawler days(we used to use companies like stylin' concepts and the like) but with the advent of stuff like Amazon/wish/eBay with cheap Chinese manufacturers/sellers it's becoming harder to determine what products are actually quality.

With that said, I'm looking for some clean looking low beam projectors housings with actual reflectors for the high beam(none of the blacked out housings that seem completely unfunctional) and of course the lower light housings to match. Halo/Strip DLR's are ok.

Basically I want a black housing that works, is quality, has a good beam pattern with LED's and doesn't look/feel like trash.

Thanks in advance for the help

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you would want the black chrome ones if you wanted the black look. gives the black look but leaves the reflective nature of the chrome. headlights and taillights are definitely a you get what you paid for type of thing. cheaper they are the cheaper the projector lens is and the cheaper the plastics are. you will end up without a crisp light pattern and oxidation will start quickly. ive had great luck with anzo products. places that offer anzo products dont list thier whole product line tho so checking with them directly would be the best bet.

OP
OP
S

Scotty Mac 22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you would want the black chrome ones if you wanted the black look. gives the black look but leaves the reflective nature of the chrome. headlights and taillights are definitely a you get what you paid for type of thing. cheaper they are the cheaper the projector lens is and the cheaper the plastics are. you will end up without a crisp light pattern and oxidation will start quickly. ive had great luck with anzo products. places that offer anzo products dont list thier whole product line tho so checking with them directly would be the best bet.
I'll check em out thank you. I've also been checking out specD tuning as well as morimoto retrofit kits

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know. I might just have to grab a set of OEM denali housings, pop the lens covers and black out the chrome then reseal
Good luck with this route. OEM Denali headlights are sealed with permaseal, and they can be incredibly challenging to open up. Unless you know what you’re doing and are good at it. Then in which case for it.

Mordechai

Reaction score
I had a set of the Anzo U Bar DRL headlights on my 2000 Sierra and they were the most high quality aftermarket headlights I've ever dealt with. Doesn't feel like hollow plastic like all the other halos from the likes of Spyder etc. And they looked really mean.

OP
OP
S

Scotty Mac 22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good luck with this route. OEM Denali headlights are sealed with permaseal, and they can be incredibly challenging to open up. Unless you know what you’re doing and are good at it. Then in which case for it.
I've done a few custom headlight housings(NE Mustang, 7th gen Accord, a few liter bikes) been a few years since I've done one but "riding a bike" and all all lol.

calsdad

Reaction score
spec d is cheap junk
I've never used SpecD but I have used a couple of Morimoto products and they seem to be good quality. I have a pair of Morimoto replacement HID fog lamps in my 2010 Yukon XL 2500 - which have been in there for something like 5 or 6 years now - and they still function great.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never used SpecD but I have used a couple of Morimoto products and they seem to be good quality. I have a pair of Morimoto replacement HID fog lamps in my 2010 Yukon XL 2500 - which have been in there for something like 5 or 6 years now - and they still function great.
far as im aware they are hailed on alot of places for thier products. i think they also make a variety of retrofit products that are very popular. ive been wanting to try morimoto myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT