Putting aftermarket 22 inch on new tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gohoomoa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi i am planning on purchasing the new tahoe and i want to know if i can replace the existing 20 inch wheels to 22 inch without any problem?
Do you guys have reputable site for such wheel? Thanks

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as you keep the same tire diameter and backspacing there’s no issue except a little bumpier ride. There are tons of sites out there with choices.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As @Big Mama stated, as long as your new 22" tire has the same overall diameter as the stock 20" tire, and the new 22" rim has the same offset as the stock 20" rim, you should not have an issue. If you are also looking at purchasing a wider 22" tire than your stock 20" tire, you can use the web tool below to estimate the potential impact (rubbing on suspension components or fender splash guard) of the wider tire.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

I used this app for determining whether on not I could use my current alternate wheel/tire combination, and it accurately projected the changes in critical clearances. Again, the use of this app in not an absolute guarantee that an alternate wheel/tire combination will fit without rubbing, but it provides a much better assessment, or projection, than simply an educated guess on your part, or a statement from others that it worked on a truck other than yours.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of the new styles come with 22’’s from the factory.

I had 24s on my 13 and just went down to 22s. I got a wheel and tire package from tire rack. Came out to about 2500, but i went with a pricer tire

Boatguy272

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ours came with 22s'. you may need to get a programmer for your Speedo as most likely the OD of the tire will be bigger. I just went from 20's to 22's on my Denali pickup and the speedo is about 1 mph off at 55 mph.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094