Push to start button install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Blackie - Did you have any trouble with your wipers when installing your system? Mine simply don't work. If I put the key in and turn it, they work fine. There must be a separate wire that energizes with the ignition turned that I need to include in my wiring. Everything else seems to be working fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found the answer to my issue... There is a brown wire in the ignition wiring that is a 'second accessory' wire. This needs +12v, as well. Interesting that this was not in the wiring I found, but I'm guessing it's because most remote start systems still require the key to be turned on.

OP
OP
Blackie

Blackie

Reaction score
AL 1670B

According to your install manual, this is the wire you would interface the push to start button kit I used to integrate it into your existing Excaliber alarm system:

"ORANGE WIRE - STARTER INTERRUPT (-) OUTPUT & RELAY
This provides 500mA negative ground while the alarm is armed for starter kill and/or during
remote start for anti-grind operation. The operation is selectable with installer feature #16.
CONNECTION: This wire is connected to the orange input wire on the optional start interrupt relay
socket. Then, locate the vehicle’s (+) starter wire at the ignition switch & cut it. Connect the starter
interrupt relay’s RED wire to the ignition switch side of the cut starter wire. Connect the starter
interrupt relay’s WHITE wire to the starter side of the cut starter wire."

You would still have to do the passlock bypass and the shift interlock bypass mentioned in my first post.

OP
OP
Blackie

Blackie

Reaction score
@Blackie - Did you have any trouble with your wipers when installing your system? Mine simply don't work. If I put the key in and turn it, they work fine. There must be a separate wire that energizes with the ignition turned that I need to include in my wiring. Everything else seems to be working fine.

I found the answer to my issue... There is a brown wire in the ignition wiring that is a 'second accessory' wire. This needs +12v, as well. Interesting that this was not in the wiring I found, but I'm guessing it's because most remote start systems still require the key to be turned on.

Did you wire up a relay and tap off the ACC output of your push to start kit to energize the second ACC (brown) wire in your truck?

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you wire up a relay and tap off the ACC output of your push to start kit to energize the second ACC (brown) wire in your truck?
That's exactly what I did.

My next challenge is that the dome lights no longer come on when I unlock the doors or open a door.

OP
OP
Blackie

Blackie

Reaction score
That's exactly what I did.

My next challenge is that the dome lights no longer come on when I unlock the doors or open a door.

If your bypass module is connected to the data wire at your OBD connector, the dome light on/off should be controlled by the bypass. I'd check there first.

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your bypass module is connected to the data wire at your OBD connector, the dome light on/off should be controlled by the bypass. I'd check there first.

Well you're right that there is a separate control for the dome light. Unfortunately, after a call to the Fortin tech support, they do not support this feature. How ridiculous. The Easyguard does not have a wire for dome light supervision, so I'm not sure what to do at this point.

So the next challenge... How to re-enable the dome light :-(