Purple wire melt / blower motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marthali11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello, I have a Chevy Tahoe 1999 with a non working AC, so I changed the blower motor because the oldest one was so annoying before stop working, when I put the new started working only on high and stopped again, after that I changed the Resistor, so now still doesn't work :wtf:, when I changed the blower motor I noticed that the purple wire/connector is melt so I guess that's the problem. What you think and what can I do know,please help me, by the way this is my first time fixing a car, thanks YouTube videos hehe, and so I'm learning English, I hope you can understand me.

Attached pictures of the purple wire.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

snow runner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
do you guys think I can get away replacing the purple wire for the blower motor or do I have to replace the whole pigtail

Attachments

• IMG_20240108_133603334.jpg
    IMG_20240108_133603334.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 4

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you guys think I can get away replacing the purple wire for the blower motor or do I have to replace the whole pigtail
I would replace the pigtail. You should also check the connector at the back of your HVAC controller. My connector melted when water got into the blower motor and shorted the entire system. GM Parts counter sold me the connector and harness ready to butt splice in.
IMG_0718.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo