Purchasing nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dailypaints

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I started this journey in March 22, after placing orders at a couple dealers with not much volume and and another one that said they couldn't take it, I ended up paying a deposit and ordering locally. I believe that was some time in the summer. I ordered pretty bare bones Yukon Denali with the diesel engine. I still don't have a build date. I know they are being made because the dealer had one come in just not to my specs. I did order the Walnut, dark shale interior and wonder if that's the hold up. I about at the stage where I ready to just buy a truck. Any help or suggestions? Oh, lastly I was told by the dealer I would receive an email when it is scheduled to build, has anyone received one like that? Thanks

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diesel allocations are tough to come by. Likely the one that came in was another order in front of you that was also waiting for a long time.

Call the dealer and ask where you are at in their line of orders. Are you next in line? 10 orders down the list? Most dealers are seeing maybe 1 to 2 diesels a month so keep that in mind.

I also had an order for a Yukon XL Diesel. Waited for almost 9 months with zero progress. I started watching the incoming inventory sites for GMC/Chevy and found one that was 95% of what I wanted. Made a call on it and at that time it was accounted for. Got a call a month later that the original buyer backed out so I put a deposit on it and made a one-way flight.

kipg123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I started this journey in March 22, after placing orders at a couple dealers with not much volume and and another one that said they couldn't take it, I ended up paying a deposit and ordering locally. I believe that was some time in the summer. I ordered pretty bare bones Yukon Denali with the diesel engine. I still don't have a build date. I know they are being made because the dealer had one come in just not to my specs. I did order the Walnut, dark shale interior and wonder if that's the hold up. I about at the stage where I ready to just buy a truck. Any help or suggestions? Oh, lastly I was told by the dealer I would receive an email when it is scheduled to build, has anyone received one like that? Thanks
I’ve had 2 separate orders from different dealers since February on 3.0 Yukon Denali. 1st in line at both dealerships with no progress. Was offered a ultimate allocation at one time, but passed.

Z15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers only receive allocation if earned ...some weeks it is not earned and not available...

Allocations – The number of a particular vehicle model a dealer is assigned by GM. Dealers are now awarded allocation based on past performance.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theres 112 Denali Diesel available nationwide. It would likely just be a matter of narrowing down what you want, color, and givng em a call..

This is for 4wd and 2wd.

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If possible, I would cancel the diesel order and go with gas. My Tahoe took 7 months to get, AFTER the build date. The build date is meaningless. The chances are good your vehicle will sit outside somewhere waiting for chips. I've had my Tahoe for several months and it's still missing chips. Right now, people are panic buying any vehicle with a normally aspirated V-8 engine. Be patient.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If possible, I would cancel the diesel order and go with gas. My Tahoe took 7 months to get, AFTER the build date. The build date is meaningless. The chances are good your vehicle will sit outside somewhere waiting for chips. I've had my Tahoe for several months and it's still missing chips. Right now, people are panic buying any vehicle with a normally aspirated V-8 engine. Be patient.
They're not waiting for chips or sitting around waiting anymore. Mine was built last week and is already on the train

pruittatl

Reaction score
I am in the same boat, paid my deposit with a local dealer about a month ago and was told that GM wasn't accepting new build orders till after the holiday plant shut down which (I was told) would be on Jan 12th. Unfortunately my dealer let me know they didnt have allocation for a yukon on the 12th or on the 19th so praying that tomorrow we get some good news and we can at least submit the order to GM for acceptance if they get the allocation. I was told 3-4 months for delivery once GM accepts the build order... we..will....see.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the same boat, paid my deposit with a local dealer about a month ago and was told that GM wasn't accepting new build orders till after the holiday plant shut down which (I was told) would be on Jan 12th. Unfortunately my dealer let me know they didnt have allocation for a yukon on the 12th or on the 19th so praying that tomorrow we get some good news and we can at least submit the order to GM for acceptance if they get the allocation. I was told 3-4 months for delivery once GM accepts the build order... we..will....see.
When my order was accepted to TPW was 6 weeks, that included the christmas/new years holiday. shipping should be under 3 weeks. Overall, I'm on track to be at or under 2 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64