PUNISHER VETTE checking in.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello.

Just picked up an 08 Tahoe Hybrid, pretty exciting. Hard spending all the money i've ever saved up on one vehicle but I needed something for winter and I wanted this so I got it.

Got it all waxed up today and sitting next to my other baby.

IMG_1122.jpg
IMG_1120.jpg
IMG_1125.jpg
IMG_1163.jpg
IMG_1166.jpg
IMG_1170.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Need more pics of that vette :naughty:
2. Welcome to the site :Handshake:
3. There are several HyHoe owners on here with vast knowledge so you should feel right at home :)

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard fellow Hybrid owner.

Too soon to discuss the decals? :)

OP
OP
P
Reaction score
Welcome aboard fellow Hybrid owner.

Too soon to discuss the decals? :)

I had originally planned on getting rid of them but on the black car I don't mind the HYBRID decal as much as I do the badges. Plus I saw some thread where as they were peeling them off it took some paint so i'm going to hold off for at least a little while to deal with the decals. Give me a month to think about it....

Since I have the vette that's my full time project I'm probably not looking to spend too much time/money on this thing. But it's hard to say knowing me...seeing those bare suspension parts with a podwercoating oven in my basement it's hard to restrain myself.

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

1. Need more pics of that vette :naughty:
2. Welcome to the site :Handshake:
3. There are several HyHoe owners on here with vast knowledge so you should feel right at home :)

Where to start with the corvette:secret:
it's a 69 with a 70's LT-1. It ran when I got it. It is a rust belt car as i was from IL but wanted something that needed work so I could learn how to fix it with the help of the CorvetteForum. I sold my murdered out 96 vette to aford working on the new(older) 69. First and last time the two were together.
IMG_0302.jpg
Did the suspension right away.
IMG_0326.jpg
IMG_0455.jpg
IMG_0620.jpg
Nicesummerday4.jpg
Started on an interior and sound system upgrade when I hit some rust issues that demanded a body off.
IMG_0746.jpg
IMG_0842.jpg
IMG_0874.jpg
RUST!!!
IMG_0905.jpg
Finished blasting and decided it was a good idea to powdercoat the frame 6inches at a time with a propane tank.....took forever
IMG_1008.jpg

Turned out okay though, not perfect but I like it.
IMG_1044.jpg
IMG_1071.jpg

Just got the body back on yesterday making room for Sneezy in the garage(new name for the HyHoe?)(get it? Hi **, 7 dwarfs song?... too much? Not original?)
IMG_1150.jpg
IMG_1157.jpg
As it sits today! Years worth of restoration in a few photos but you get the idea.

Last edited:

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
more more more pics.. these are great..looks as you ditched the side pipes and long tube headers for a set of inner frame headers and rear exit muffilers.... what made you do this??

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Tommy,

If you like the way the decals look then by all means keep 'em. If removed properly the paint won't be affected ... the only affect on my paint when I had mine removed is that water just beaded differently when it rained for about a month afterwards, a few car washes later and now even that is gone.

If you're interested to see what's possible with the hybrids check out the special section: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79

Also you can check out my album to see what some of these options look like.

Beautiful vette btw. :waytogo:

OP
OP
P
Reaction score
more more more pics.. these are great..looks as you ditched the side pipes and long tube headers for a set of inner frame headers and rear exit muffilers.... what made you do this??

Previous owner was an idiot. The side pipes were fake and not hooked up.
They were rusted out so I went ahead and ditched them.They sealed over the rear exhaust exit ports so the actual working exhaust was dumping straight down in the back... not ideal.
But I had to cut the pipes to get it out for the blasting so all that I have left are the headers for a regular exhaust which is probably what i'll stay with, just don't know what mufflers if any i'll go with yet.

They also eliminated the headlights and sealed over the openings so i had to find replacements and cut the holes out to have headlights. So there's a bunch of body work that i'll be doing when that time comes.

those two things among many other minor things just show that the previous owners name was Bubba.

1ATony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.Love the Stingray vette.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Previous owner was an idiot. The side pipes were fake and not hooked up.
They were rusted out so I went ahead and ditched them.They sealed over the rear exhaust exit ports so the actual working exhaust was dumping straight down in the back... not ideal.
But I had to cut the pipes to get it out for the blasting so all that I have left are the headers for a regular exhaust which is probably what i'll stay with, just don't know what mufflers if any i'll go with yet.

They also eliminated the headlights and sealed over the openings so i had to find replacements and cut the holes out to have headlights. So there's a bunch of body work that i'll be doing when that time comes.

those two things among many other minor things just show that the previous owners name was Bubba.

Welcome to the site! I love both cars. Why would the previous owner remove the headlights? Doesn't make sense :chicken:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz