Pumper steering cap..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So power steering fluid level 2006 Yukon XL .. now when checking cold is it the first line at the bottom of the stick ? Like last 20 years of rigs or is there a difference because I have hydro boost. Because now cold it's at top line when cold . And on hot days in parking lot it's hard to turn . And I can hear the pump .. I changed the steering gear and Pump 2-3 weeks ago. And I figured air work out and I could get it to right level. But then I seen the little c on top line . Then It made me question if they changed where cold line really is .. any info be great on others that's it working good on and the level they keep.

I have no idea were pumper came from . [emoji849]

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
p/s reservoirs are a bit weird. Fill them too high and the air won't bleed appropriately. tl;dr has to do with fluid flow and created dead zones so air has a chance to settle.

That being said, if there's air in your system, just pull the cap off and look at the fluid. It'll be all sorts of bubbly.

Who did you get your pump through? I've not found an aftermarket that's worth a damn. OE all the way there

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BBB industry's rock Auto. Old one 174,000 super rusty so I changed it with after market I will try running less power steering fluid and see what it does. ( Rust one really worked better and quiet to [emoji849] don't know what I was thinking ) maybe it's the nasty smelling orielys power steering fluid .[emoji849]

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Knee jerk reaction is to tell you to swap it with OE. Back when I worked at a shop, I'd refuse to install a pump until parts could get their hands on an OE pump. Because if not, the customer will show back up the following day complaining that it's noisy and doesn't work in the parking lots when the vehicle is hot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk