Pulling Headlight Suburban/Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbotoys

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you pull out the headlight assembly? I pulled the 2 top 10mm? bolts out of the plastic support tabs to the radiator support on the top of the headlights - is there anything else holding them in? They don't seem to want to come out.

I am installing a second battery for my audio system and dropped the plastic hold down in there - not much room between the battery and the radiator support - my hand and arm is too big to reach in there and get it . If i had the headlight out it should be an easy retrieval... lol

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Have to pull the bumper cover off. BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL separating the cover from the guide clip against the fender. Its an extremely tight gap, and much easier to rip the cover than the previous body style.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't need to remove the bumper. Take the top grille screws out, take the fender support screw out, remove two cups from wheel well cover and number 7 screw. pull side bumper outwards then go back to grille and pull bumper forward and down (peel it) you will then have access to all needed screws. Done it a lot, takes about 10 minutes. Word to the wise put a piece of painters tape on the edge of the fender so the bumper doesn't scratch it when pulling forward.

OP
OP
T

Turbotoys

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a lot of work to retrieve a friggan battery hold down. lol

Thanks for the input guys!! It sounds like a saturday project - It is getting chilly here in minnesota - i am hoping to get my wiring for the audio system in before the snow :)

blackout07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a lot of work to retrieve a friggan battery hold down. lol

Thanks for the input guys!! It sounds like a saturday project - It is getting chilly here in minnesota - i am hoping to get my wiring for the audio system in before the snow :)

Yup. I replaced the grille on mine and it was a pita to figure out with crappy GM instructions. Had to pull the bumper for that one.

OP
OP
T

Turbotoys

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What grill did you end up getting? I am looking at a new grill myself. How long did it take you?

blackout07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What grill did you end up getting? I am looking at a new grill myself. How long did it take you?

The GM LTZ all chrome grille. It took me around 2 hours because the instructions were so bad. If I had to do it again. 30 minutes or so.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700