Puddle Light Replacements?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sodacitydenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My rear bumper puddle light, to mark the "touchless hatch" sensor location, is completely washed out and I'd like to replace it.

While I'm at it, I'd like to replace the side-view mirror puddle lights as well.

Does anyone know of anywhere that sells them with something other than "GMC" as the pattern?

Specifically, I'd like to find some that say "DENALI."

I've searched for a bit, and can't seem to find much beyond the typical chevy/gmc logo ones.

I don't know what it takes to make your own - I expect the pattern is way too small to fabricate by hand though.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They should replace light on hatch under warranty. Different ones I haven't seen but I'm sure someone will eventually.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to have the one on my Escalade replaced at about 9 months old for the same reason. The logo had completely disappeared and was just a white circle. It was covered under warranty. I have not seen any aftermarket for these, but haven't looked very hard. I believe that the problem is a poor seal that lets water get in from the automatic car wash high pressure undercarriage spray. It seemed like mine would deteriorate a little more each time I went through the wash. I've been doing only hand washes since having it replaced and haven't seen any problems yet. This seems to be a common problem with the '21s, I have seen a lot of complaints posted about it.

OP
OP
sodacitydenali

sodacitydenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good call on the warranty

I have got to take it in for the Service Safety Restraint System warning, anyway. I'll have them replace that light as well.

Thanks!

gbirk7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had my GMC light replace within 6 months ( you could not make out the GMC). It's starting to do it again. i only have 12k miles. The GMC on the rear mirrors have worked fine. Just the light under the back end,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins