Perimeter/Puddle LED strips on 03 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clemenshess97

Reaction score
I am thinking about installing new puddle lights/perimeter lighting to my 03 Tahoe. One of my mirrors has a puddle light, the other doesn't. Instead of replacing the one mirror that has no puddle light I am thinking about to install LED strips that would light up my entire tube running board. I'm thinking about sticking it under the body so that it lights onto the running board and the ground and then wiring it maybe to the courtesy lights in the door ?

I don't know yet where I should route the wires to the inside of the car and the door.

Has anyone ever done this to their 00-06 Tahoe and maybe has some advise ?

I'd appreciate your input ;)

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s strange that you only have puddle lights on one of your mirrors. Was it replaced at one point? There should be lights on both.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I am thinking about installing new puddle lights/perimeter lighting to my 03 Tahoe. One of my mirrors has a puddle light, the other doesn't. Instead of replacing the one mirror that has no puddle light I am thinking about to install LED strips that would light up my entire tube running board. I'm thinking about sticking it under the body so that it lights onto the running board and the ground and then wiring it maybe to the courtesy lights in the door ?

I don't know yet where I should route the wires to the inside of the car and the door.

@Rocket Man installed led strips under his rear doors, maybe he'll chime in how he ran his wires.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I went to West Marine... They have a good selection of LED strips. I will ( some day), attach them to the underside of the front doors. Use the power from the red light fixture on the door panel.

@Rocket Man installed led strips under his rear doors, maybe he'll chime in how he ran his wires.
This is what I did, ran strip lights under alll 4 doors ( mines a Denali and has rear door courtesy Lights) and wired them to the courtesy lights. They really light up the ground when you open a door, way brighter than the puddle lights do.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man! I Really want lights on my rear doors. I guess I'll go looking for Escalade and/or Denali doors. Do you have any fancy lights on your rear hatch, or do you have barn doors?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man! I Really want lights on my rear doors. I guess I'll go looking for Escalade and/or Denali doors. Do you have any fancy lights on your rear hatch, or do you have barn doors?
Me? I don’t have any extra lights on my hatch.

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Are you talking about this light? I thought this was standard on all Tahoes and Yukons?

8F3C3056-64F9-4612-85F4-CF874EA706C0.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts