Propane Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nath

Reaction score
Hey I am dying to have a propane conversion for my 07 hoe. T want it to run of both propane and gas, I have a guy near my office that owns a house trailer repair shop where i can fill my tanks. I just have to find someone to do the conversion, or attempt it myself with my limited mechanical skills. My son attends the tech college in auto repair, maybe i can get them to install the kit. I really want it done right, i am afraid to let just anybody touch my beloved Hoe...:Handshake:

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Complete propane conversion? Well lets see, you'll need some tanks that will take up a sizeable amount of your trunk, a company that will tamper with your cars ECU (illegal), and do the conversion to somehow run on both. Honestly, if you want to run something on propane, you might as well get another car and dedicate it to straight propane.

steffens

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The tank is installed in place of the spare tire (110 liters)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

steffens

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In Europe, driving many American cars that are converted to Propane! The Propane is only half!

steffens

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is "Propane" the same as "LPG" in America?

And why it is illegal?

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
I don't understand why someone would want to have a vehicle that uses two sources to move about. :Insane:

The idiots running General Motors are into half-assed ways to fuel a vehicle with two sources. Electricity and gas. Or gas and compressed natural gas. Hey GM, how about Chevrolet Tahoes that run on NOTHING but compressed natural gas, for instance? No way am I going to purchase any of your dual-fuel vehicles. I don't need to spend twice as much time diddling with keeping a vehicle gassed up and plugged into a charger, for instance. Or spend a zillion dollars extra for your over-priced dual-fuel vehicles. Or double up on repair costs.

Geez, what a bunch of GM management morons. Focus, GM. Focus on something singular for a vehicle. :emotions122:

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Ok to clarify the propane legal in us thing. Its totally legal. Now back in the day we used to have carb systems and it wasnt much of a problem just a kit( i still have the kit if anyone wants it. Have like 5) it would hook up and the tank would be in the bed of the truck or in the place of the oem tank or oj the roof. Now with fuel injection u need more parts and need it to be installed by a certified place which is gonna cost atleast 1500-2500. My kits were from the city long time ago they used to use em also the cpuntry boys use them. Yall city slickers probably never have heard of em but well yea... Propane is way cheaper and burns cleaner but is also highly flammable so thats why a certified pro needs to install it because they put shutoff valves, sensors, and alot of stuff to protect ur ass when u crash and it catches fire

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

And read this ITS LEGAL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hpark1975