Project 99 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
My99Yukon

My99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sliding Truck Drawers

Ahhh... my much desired sliding drawers. Back in 2015 (or so), I built a fast-built sleeping platform and storage solution. It was solid but left me with precious little space after I added a thick sleeping pad. Plus, who doesn't want some pull out drawers?

My real goal was to have (a) a sleeping platform and (b) a convenient kitchen that did not require a huge setup time but with the desire to also keep the back seats in place.

The sleeping platform drove the concept with 12" high drawers to maximize sleeping space but no question it minimizes the storage space for additional items.

I spent a few weekends overhauling my sleeping platform and thanks to some YouTube ideas, I built the following:

yukon_sleeping_platform_103.jpeg

The upper platform slides out to complete the sleeping platform.

yukon_sleeping_platform_104.jpeg yukon_sleeping_platform_105.jpeg

Drawers are not of equal size to allow for different storage sizes.

The food prep area and custom cutting board are on the left. The right side is the stove platform, recovery gear and essential fluids. Many of the tools and hi-jack are between the back of the platform and the back seat. Pics of this coming soon...a work progress.

yukon_sleeping_platform_102.jpeg

yukon_sleeping_platform_101.jpeg

The metal platform is on coffee table hinges to allow it to lift up for more room and to access the gear below.

So there you go! More pics to update the build, the sleeping platform and the stove installed.

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sliding Truck Drawers

Ahhh... my much desired sliding drawers. Back in 2015 (or so), I built a fast-built sleeping platform and storage solution. It was solid but left me with precious little space after I added a thick sleeping pad. Plus, who doesn't want some pull out drawers?

My real goal was to have (a) a sleeping platform and (b) a convenient kitchen that did not require a huge setup time but with the desire to also keep the back seats in place.

The sleeping platform drove the concept with 12" high drawers to maximize sleeping space but no question it minimizes the storage space for additional items.

I spent a few weekends overhauling my sleeping platform and thanks to some YouTube ideas, I built the following:

View attachment 262078

The upper platform slides out to complete the sleeping platform.

Drawers are not of equal size to allow for different storage sizes.

The food prep area and custom cutting board are on the left. The right side is the stove platform, recovery gear and essential fluids. Many of the tools and hi-jack are between the back of the platform and the back seat. Pics of this coming soon...a work progress.

View attachment 262079

View attachment 262080

The metal platform is on coffee table hinges to allow it to lift up for more room and to access the gear below.

So there you go! More pics to update the build, the sleeping platform and the stove installed.
That’s pretty damn cool ! Looking forward to more details and pics! Nice work!

OP
OP
My99Yukon

My99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced Climate Control Module:

Smoking Dash Solved: New Dorman 599-007 Climate Control Module

For those who follow my build, after an exterior and engine wash, I had a smoking dash with burning rubber smell. After a bit of research, I do not think the two events were related but rather the climate control module finally gave up the ghost.

To be sure, and seeing other posting of multiple replacement of the part, I went with the $105 option without defroster, in the even that I did have a short in the system.

Here is the new control module installed:

img_0537-jpeg.267472

I lose my rear window defroster capability but for now it is an inexpensive replacement option. And yes, I upgraded to the cubby and added a custom switch panel for other toggle options.

Easy part swap and the fan blows better and more precisely than the last few months so my thoughts on this failing part were confirmed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu