Programmer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
or just purchase a tuned PCM from Black Bear, have it shipped to you...cheaper, and better than any hand held anyway.

Man Van

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
or just purchase a tuned PCM from Black Bear, have it shipped to you...cheaper, and better than any hand held anyway.
Exactly why I recommended him to purchase a hptuner. This will allow him/her to retune on the spot. The only problem with shelf tunes is that IF and that's a big IF something is wrong with the PCM or a new modification is added the only way to get the full benefit of the modification is to ship the PCM back for a retune. Then the vehicle becomes a paper weight if that person sent in his orginal PCM to avoid a core charge

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
true, but some people don't know how to make changes, myself included, timing curves, fuel,etc on a laptop. This is why I leave it to the pro's. :)

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much hp gain can you "realistically" expect from a custom tune?

B

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
speaking from only personal experience here.... I got an agressive high octane scan cable tune from BB and saw 29hp to the wheels... also factor in i had recently added a CAI and muffler prior to tuning... those things dont add much if any HP alone, but they do make for a better platform to tune off of (at least that is my understanding).

no joke when i say, aside from the bottle or forced induction, you will not find a better HP gain for your dollar! I am sure there are other reputable tuners out there, but i will trust Justin at black bear with all my chevy's forever, he did a great job with my truck!

OP
OP
tahoe-einn

tahoe-einn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I was just sending Justin at BB a email and asked him if he will ship over to my country. I will get an answer on 2 of june.

On the other hand, the Dynamic Spectrum Tuning from JET, is very intresting and is something to look for.

Thanks to all for respons.

Man Van

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
G:emotions122:
Well I was just sending Justin at BB a email and asked him if he will ship over to my country. I will get an answer on 2 of june.

On the other hand, the Dynamic Spectrum Tuning from JET, is very intresting and is something to look for.

Thanks to all for respons.

Good luck I would recommend you pay the extra $$$ to keep your stock PCM. This way you can put it back in if the tuned one fubars up or you have to send it back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse