Professional Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Massfloefi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reached out to Lightwerkz for a retrofit which I will probably do. Looking for opinions from guys who have experience with HID's with the proposed setup. I have listed them below. This is the only option available. Thanks fellas.

H1 7.0 bixenon projectors
Custom brackets
H1 HID bulbs
Hylux ballasts

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Bombsquad85 jist did a retrofit on his 2005 Denali headlights. I don’t think he used what you have listed but I’m not sure. He can probably give you feedback?

Do it yourself man.

I got all my stuff but the brackets from lightwerks. They are awesome. I got the brackets from CB&D (cheaper) and I'm super happy.

Literally unbolt the projectors and put new ones in. I'll past a YouTube video later

20181127_172249.jpg

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reached out to Lightwerkz for a retrofit which I will probably do. Looking for opinions from guys who have experience with HID's with the proposed setup. I have listed them below. This is the only option available. Thanks fellas.

H1 7.0 bixenon projectors
Custom brackets
H1 HID bulbs
Hylux ballasts

I used this video

Heads up, I'm not sure how he managed to pop the projectors out w/o hear but I blasted mine with a heat gun quite a bit. Then I stuck. Large screwdriver inside the bulb hole to get leverage to pop it off. Installing the Morimoto Mh1 7.0 projector into the lights took less than an hour. Getting the bulbs shimmed and aligned took a while (I'm still not done my adjustment knob broke on the pass side so I'm looking for a new set of stock lights to re retrofit)

Over all difficulty is 4/10 no special tools needed no need to bake the lights. Just take old projectors out and bolt new ones in. Dont forget to seal them. I used clear silicone to water proof it.

As far as shopping list goes. I got these brackets.
https://custom-brackets-designs.mys...6-gmc-yukon-denali-mh1-7-0-retrofit-c-bracket which comes with hardware (I painted them with high heat black so they dont rust)

And I got the Morimoto MH1 7.0, Morimoto 35w kit with 5500k bulbs with harness. I recommend the high beam splitter for ease (unless you do what I did and modify the harness on the headlights).

https://www.lightwerkz.net/index.ph...al-kit/bi-xenon-morimoto-mini-stage-3-h1.html

With these options.

Screenshot_20181205-075316_Chrome.jpg

If you want to add halos or paint the housing I recommend getting the sealant and keep in mind these stock housings use permaseal and are going to be an absolute ***** to take apart and all old sealant must be removed before putting the new sealant down.

Last edited:

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yea. Use discount code "welcome15" to save a few buck selecting the options I posted I think brings it down to about 250 shipped plus the 66 for the brackets. That's a nice ser of lights for how much some ebay lights cost

Screenshot_20181205-075611_Chrome.jpg

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at Diode Dynamics. I bought a HID fog kit from Vanquish which was a total turd but the canbus anti-flicker module from Diode saved some of the components so I didnt have to throw the whole kit in the garbage. I would call them and see what they have. Everything they offer seems to be plug and play. And made here in US.

OP
OP
Massfloefi

Massfloefi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Bombsquad85 Did you do the 4 high mode to keep the lows on when switching from low to high beam mode?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645