Problem with front climate control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CurtBrass

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am having a problem with the climate control in my 2002 Yukon Denali.

Regardless of where I set the temperature dial on the main climate control, it only blows hot air. good thing this is happening in February and not July! When I press the A/C button the orange light flashes three times then goes out.

Adjustments to the rear climate control (controlled by the front overhead panel) seem to work fine; it blows cold when set to cold and hot when set to hot.

Based on all this it seems like it might be the Heat Blend Door Actuator or something like that. Or maybe it's the Climate control Heater/AC switch panel on the dash.

Any thoughts on what I can do to confirm or eliminate one or the other would be greatly appreciated.

Klympt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do the climate control fuse pull reset (search the forum) and verify the actuator located above the passenger side of the transmission hump cycles. If you don't see it move during the reset, it could be the heat blend actuator. (Remove the screws holding bottom of the air box cover to expose the actuator.)

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue -- JULY (Texas, mind you!). It turned out to be a blend door actuator. On my Suburban, there are three, if I remember correctly. There are two which are relatively easy to reach, and a third where you have to pull the dash to reach it. I'll let you guess which one of mine needed a fix... :mad: On the flip side, I should be golden for another 150k miles or 15 years. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo