Probably need new O2 sensors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I chased what was reported as O2 sensor issue and I finally found a break in one wire inside the insulation adjacent to the sensor.
It made for intermittent and odd error codes; too lean then too rich and so on.
I didn't find it before replacing the sensor and a number of other things; Just know it is possible.

Last edited:

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use only GM OE sensors, even Denso branded sensors are calculated differently then the Denso sensors in the ACDelco wrapper. The tips are different too. It does make a difference if you are after maximum performance and efficiency.

Downstream sensors - 12609457 or 213-4229 (same item)

Upstream sensors - 12583804 or 213-3866 (same item)

I wanted to add to this. I just changed both my upstream sensors, I noticed the tips were different with the new Denso sensors. The sensors I removed only had a few holes near the tip, but the denso had numerous holes the full length of the tip.

How much different are these, if any...not sure of these are a suitable direct swap.

Mine are: Delphi ES20013 and have the 12583804 as an interchangeable item but that's not 100%.

Screenshot_20240512_232958_Chrome.jpg

I will say my driveability is much improved, still need to wait for a full block relearn to calculate MPG

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to add to this. I just changed both my upstream sensors, I noticed the tips were different with the new Denso sensors. The sensors I removed only had a few holes near the tip, but the denso had numerous holes the full length of the tip.

How much different are these, if any...not sure of these are a suitable direct swap.

Mine are: Delphi ES20013 and have the 12583804 as an interchangeable item but that's not 100%.

I will say my driveability is much improved, still need to wait for a full block relearn to calculate MPG
Cool, keep us posted.

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, keep us posted.
Will do, I agree with you when dealing with electrical components to keep it OE. I couldn't find the OE on Rock Auto, so I will surely monitor economy and driveability, any hit on MPG they are coming out for sure.

First two drives have been very favorable though. I will start another thread as my brief history with the failing bank 1 sensor was different from past experiences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
metal2forall