Prices Paid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In general, I agree with you, and nothing bothers me more!! However, the prices I'm stating are from Koons Chevy GMC and they do NOT do that. Anyone can walk in and buy at the advertised price. They do offer special rebates to certain categories that not everyone qualifies for, like military, first responders, etc. but IF one qualifies, then that is a subtraction from the advertised price. I wish all dealers' adds were this way, but as you said, most are not.

You live in the area, where did you purchase your Suburbans?
My Silverados and Suburbans came from Lindsay. The prices were better than other area dealers at the time I was making the purchases and the service department has always done a good job. My first bite at the apple always goes to the local dealer because that is where I service my vehicles.

Jovo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good morning everyone! Just read 30+pages of the thread along with others and there’s been alot of great advice and convo! Im looking for a Tahoe LT, found a 2017 Tahoe LT certified pre owned with 18k mikes on it, second row bucket seats and the best they said they could do Is $42,800 plus my tax tags etc. Can I get some of your guys feedback on that deal? Thank you!!

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone! Just read 30+pages of the thread along with others and there’s been alot of great advice and convo! Im looking for a Tahoe LT, found a 2017 Tahoe LT certified pre owned with 18k mikes on it, second row bucket seats and the best they said they could do Is $42,800 plus my tax tags etc. Can I get some of your guys feedback on that deal? Thank you!!

Hello and welcome. Assuming this Tahoe is a 4x4 with no accidents, and no booming/buffeting /vibrations, it’s a great deal! They’re actually selling it to you for the auction price, which dealers will only do when they just want to get rid of a vehicle. I bet if they don’t sell it to you it’ll go to auction, unless they have another reason for keeping it as a lure.

The screenshot below is from Manheim, the dealer pricing tool that dealers use to determine the auction prices, transactions, etc. kind of like a stock market for cars. I entered your mileage which drives the numbers. The “average” prices are based on “average miles” which need to be adjusted for each vehicle. In short, the auction price is $42,500, and the retail price is $50,700.
05771b6724a9e8a99bb349faa77c4824.jpg
19258573caade0b18747fe350ec59e7c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jovo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello and welcome. Assuming this Tahoe is a 4x4 with no accidents, and no booming/buffeting /vibrations, it’s a great deal! They’re actually selling it to you for the auction price, which dealers will only do when they just want to get rid of a vehicle. I bet if they don’t sell it to you it’ll go to auction, unless they have another reason for keeping it as a lure.

The screenshot below is from Manheim, the dealer pricing tool that dealers use to determine the auction prices, transactions, etc. kind of like a stock market for cars. I entered your mileage which drives the numbers. The “average” prices are based on “average miles” which need to be adjusted for each vehicle. In short, the auction price is $42,500, and the retail price is $50,700.

Wow thank you for that!!! I appreciate all the help! It was everything you stated, 4x4, clean car fax. The only thing I did notice on the Carfax at 9,711 miles it was in for fuel injector(s) replaced, and ignition coil(s) replaced. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it!!

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Great tool... I need non dealer access lol.

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hides this work for new old stock too? Looking at a new 2017 lt + z71 + luxury 4x4 suburban

shurik74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Google pointed me to Dennis Dillon in Boise, Idaho dealer with good prices for 2019 year models, Denali with $10K off the MSRP. Anyone had experience with them here? I'm out of state, just don't want to waste my time & money traveling...

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Google pointed me to Dennis Dillon in Boise, Idaho dealer with good prices for 2019 year models, Denali with $10K off the MSRP. Anyone had experience with them here? I'm out of state, just don't want to waste my time & money traveling...

Call them and ask about the fine print. Their advertised prices include all “possible” incentives, even ones you may not qualify for. For example, are you a nurse, who’s also served in the military? They may be including an incentive for that. Just ask them to make sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts