Preowned Purchase...2015 Chevy Taho LTZ vs 2015 Yukon Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I came from a 4runner. After owning the 2016 5.3L I never wish I had more power. The engine is smooth and gets up when needed. I'm always impressed that the 5.3 gets off the line and keeps up with traffic without having to hammer down. It is also amazing on the highway for passing and merging into the left passing lane "train".

These are large lumbering vehicles compared to the MDX and other crossovers. So that right there will be a difference you'll have to get used to. But for me the engine has been fine.

I guess if you have the money go for the bragging rights - but 10K can buy a lot of gas and other fun stuff. Like the roof you might need next month ha ha.

muncie21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 being a new model year and I 'believe' the introduction of the 8-speed tranny with the 6.2 motor, I'd avoid both that year and the 6.2....assuming of course that my understanding of the 8-speed being introduced in that year is correct.

I have the older 6.2, without DOD and the 6-speed. I love the 6.2 having come from a 5.3, but not sure I'd want to take on tranny issues on top of the oil burning with the DOD motors. One or the other, but not both.

OP
OP
S

ssingh1975

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all

Totally appreciate the responses and thanks for it!

UPDATE: Proud owner of a Frost 2017 Denali Yukon as of last night. Got a good deal on a demo vehicle with all tops decked out for $65k so we went for it. Dealer is swapping out the tires/rims with 22's and then bringing it directoy to my house tonight or tomorrow. They also extended the factory warranty to 5yrs/75k miles !!

Will post pics upon arrival. HIGHLY recommend Placeville GMC/Buick (for my NCAL friends). They went out of their way on a screwed up deal and turned the experience into a positive one.

And yes...the 5.3l is very nice TILL you drive the 6.2l beast ;-).

Cheers!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo