Power steering loss/ABS/brake/traction control lights on all at once

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Markornet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_0761.jpeg

2017 Yukon SLT XL Drove to ocean with my family and after couple of days came back. It was heavy rain not sure if it matters. I recently replaced both tail lights and put new bearing on the driver side. And today this. Any thoughts? I checked ground under the dashboard and looks good to me. IMG_9553.jpeg

I got OBD2 and run diagnostic. No error codes.

duke90

Reaction score
Just had that exact issue…I replaced my front abs sensors with ones from rock auto..and the truck wouldn’t accept them. Got all those error warnings that you mentioned and it was throwing codes 0035 and 0040 along with a bunch of others. Swapped the old sensors back in (nothing was wrong with them I just figured I’d put new ones since I was changing out brake lines etc). Anyways, old sensors went back in, disconnect battery and then reconnected. All errors codes and warnings gone. So maybe something to do with your abs sensors? I have a 2017 Yukon xl Denali btw

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Just had that exact issue…I replaced my front abs sensors with ones from rock auto..and the truck wouldn’t accept them. Got all those error warnings that you mentioned and it was throwing codes 0035 and 0040 along with a bunch of others. Swapped the old sensors back in (nothing was wrong with them I just figured I’d put new ones since I was changing out brake lines etc). Anyways, old sensors went back in, disconnect battery and then reconnected. All errors codes and warnings gone. So maybe something to do with your abs sensors? I have a 2017 Yukon xl Denali btw
Let me guess, Dorman sensors.

OP
OP
M

Markornet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey! Thanks for the reply. I did change the ABS sensor and unplugged the battery but didn’t work for me. Did you have power steering issues as well?

duke90

Reaction score
When I had the new sensors in I did get the reduced power steering warning and it was more difficult to turn the wheels. With old sensors back it was back to normal. I did read in a thread on a different forum that replacing the wheel bearing can turn up all those error codes as well

Mando6point2

Reaction score
I would check the voltages at the power distribution box and make sure nothing is faulty there. The codes you showed are all communication issues on the CAN network and ive seen one faulty module bring down a couple more just because the way they are tied together. I think a good scanner with access to live data may be needed to further pinpoint which module of the 2 is the culprit or if there is just a network issue. Code #9 indicates there is a voltage issue. Do you have the P0XXX numbers for these codes?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unplug the abs sensor and disconnect the tail lights and see if you just end up with a abs only
says you have a tail light short to ground. are these led tail lights or something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n