power seat shorting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

offroad_hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2001 Tahoe 2WD 5.3 with powered and seated seats. They are bucket seats. The problem is that for some reason the driver seat was draining my battery which I eventually found out by taking the fuse out on the side dash panel for the seats. when I put the fuse back in, I hear this constant clicking from what I'm taking is the motor. The seat does not move 95% of the time until I reach under and start moving some wires around and realized the circuit board isn't covered. I am not able to take my seat off because my seat doesn't want to move. Most likely I'm taking it that I need a new board, but no one makes any. Just want to confirm. Not a huge fan of electrical problems.

Thanks -
JoJo

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. If you hold the seat forward or back button while moving the wires you described it may move far enough to get it out. If not use the button to raise the front or back up. Mine got stuck in the forward position. It took a little doing but I got it out. My problem was the memory control module. I found a replacement on eBay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz