Power folding mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Or, somehow install a system for automatic parking like some of the luxury vehicles have, and when it does this, the mirrors fold in. It'd look f*cking SICK to watch it from outside.

OP
OP
BigRed76

BigRed76

SeniorGroupbuyMember
Reaction score
While I commend your vivid imagination ...... I would like to keep this thread alive so that someone who has the skill, knowledge, and time can figure it out and make it a reality.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would think that you take apart the door switch panel, and split the wire that connects to the fold-in side of the fold button. Then connect that wire to something that happens when you turn off the truck...

And then same for fold-out...just split its wire and connect it to something that runs when the truck is started, BUT something that doesn't constantly run or else the mirrors will be trying to fold out the whole time you drive.

That may not even be correct but it makes sense to me and it is what I would do if I were to try the project.

And for the fold in when you lock, there would be no way you could do that because one, you'd already have it set up to fold them in whenever the key hits the OFF position...and two, they would fold in whenever the truck auto-locks after you start driving. Very inconvenient.

Seems like I'm not the only one here with a vivid imagination. ;)

bjc7jr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no such thing as "no way" to do something. For the remote lock option.......draw it from your passive factory security. Its not enabled when the vehicle locks in drive. It is automatically enabled when you lock the vehicle. Def easier said than done, but it is possible. Or get it from the power output for your remote lock and unlock feedback.

alvilino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should have opted for the denali.....i dont have the power folding mirrors on my 07 sle.

cmorris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am working on this right now. I had a viper alarm installed on my 09 nali xl and they are putting a relay between the positive output from the alarm to the switch, both sides so that when I set the alarm they fold in and when I disarm they fold out! I know it doesnt take 5 seconds to hit the button but I want it automatic :) should be that way anyhow with such a high price tag. If these darn manufactures would actually ask the tuners out there what they want it would be easy and cheap to do it when building the car!!

nv6425

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Subscribed; this is on the top of my list of things I want to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84