Post the Vehicle You Just Can't Quit Looking at

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
Yeah, they ****** that up.

I feel like chevy is dropping the ball big time!!! Silverados don’t look good, tahoes look like trash now. Blazer is a car/crossover. I’m sure you can make a Silverado and Tahoe look good with tons on aftermarket stuff but stock they just look horrible. I just seen a 2021 tahoe on the road and the back end is sooo basic and the rear bumper is just ugly! Then the front looks like it’s just not right lol. They gunna make me buy a 90s truck and just rebuild the whole damn thing to get what I want.

5B368442-0407-4313-9FBF-EB3020FB0691.jpg

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why the heck does GM keep trying to design aerodynamic edges & corners to the front of a big/square truck?????
GM...... STOP looking at F-1 cars !!
The front gets busier and messy each year. Don't they know what it means to have a "clean" look??

( Look at the new Lincoln trucks)

ferrarif300.jpg

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taking car of your vehicle is one thing, but constantly working on it to keep it in shape, and on the road, is another. I had an 1984 Ford Bronco II 2.8L 4X4 small block V8 that was a great 4 wheeler. I rescued many a lifted Toyota's, Chevy's and Datsun's (remember them?). It had a great turn radius and climbed like a billy goat. Thing was 1984 was a transition year. It had a carb and a really touchy electronic ignition. Not to mention body design flaws that kept me busy. Long story short, I worked on it on the weekends just to drive it to work on weekdays.

The worst came when the head gasket blew out. So I strip it down and find out that every cylinder has two coolant inlet and outlet ports, except the number 8 cylinder...it only has one. And guess where the head gasket blew? Right at the number 8 cylinder, which was right in front of the passenger side firewall. If anything that one should have had the two ports as that part of the engine got zero air flow. Was extremely hot! And of course the head was cracked from the extreme heat, so I got new ones from Kimo, Hawaiian Head Hunters, who smiled and told me, "I'll be seeing a lot of you. Bronco II's blow head gaskets on a regular basis."

After I fixed it up I gave the Bronco to my nephew, who was a budding auto enthusiast. And he needed a project for his high school shop class. He gained a lot of experience from that truck as he was always fixing it...just like I had. After ditching, I mean giving, the Bronco away I bought my 1999 Tahoe LT 5.7L 4X4 with the pick up style rear end. Have been sold on Tahoes & Yukons ever since. Great vehicles, with some design flaws, but very reliable and they take a licking and keep right on ticking. Wouldn't ride with anything else.

Bill1013

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve looked through all the renderings of custom ‘21 Tahoes here. Lifted, big rims, tires, fenders.

It’s just putting lipstick on a pig. The front end is ugly as hell no matter what you do with the rest. Someone here said the rear is very “generic” — couldn’t have said it better. It looks like a minivan to me from the rear.

I’m not a huge fan of the looks of a 15-20 Tahoe but I’d take that all day long over the ‘21.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a silly thought...... As it was with the later Camaros / Mustangs during the '90's, maybe GM can return to a 'retro' look to trucks. So many of the trucks looked so good & clean in the '70's, & '80's.

:drunk:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo