Possible to lift 08' XL Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

optimusprime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to take my 08 XL Denali and make it more suitable for backcountry hunting. The issue lies in how low it sits to the ground and the lack of clearance it grants. Is there any way to lift it 1.5-2 inches with the AWD and auto leveling suspension in the back?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to take my 08 XL Denali and make it more suitable for backcountry hunting. The issue lies in how low it sits to the ground and the lack of clearance it grants. Is there any way to lift it 1.5-2 inches with the AWD and auto leveling suspension in the back?

A lot of guys have had good results by putting a leveling kit on the front which will bring the front up 1-1/2 to 2”. You will need to adjust and likely get longer rods for your front AutoLevel height sensors. This might get you what your looking for for clearance without doing a full lift. You can also trim 1” or so off your lower air deflector which a lot of guys have done to keep it from hitting stuff. After that going with a little bigger tire will get you even more clearance.

The challenge in lifting the rear is making sure your rear shocks have enough travel and have enough airbag to maintain AutoLevel. You might be able to get 1-1/2 to 2”, but you might be at the limit of what those air shocks can do. Others might have other thoughts and experiences on this matter so hopefully they will chime in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum