Possible fix for blend/mode door problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03greenZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This may or may not help anyone but my favorite YouTube mechanic, Eric at South Main Auto, just posted a video diagnosing a blend/mode door problem where it won’t switch from defrost back to floor or vents. He found it to be the vent door foam being worn out and gone letting the motor overextend and stop working. I hadn’t thought of this ever being the problem, so maybe it will help someone else too. Link is below.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
This may or may not help anyone but my favorite YouTube mechanic, Eric at South Main Auto, just posted a video diagnosing a blend/mode door problem where it won’t switch from defrost back to floor or vents. He found it to be the vent door foam being worn out and gone letting the motor overextend and stop working. I hadn’t thought of this ever being the problem, so maybe it will help someone else too. Link is below.

Love watching this guy! One of his videos helped me diagnose an evap issue.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed that exact actuator last weekend. I would love to see how he gets it into position and if he takes the seat out which I did. It took me several tries and lots of frustration to figure out the install process. Anybody can remove it installing it and getting it to work properly is not as easy.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas