Popping when turning slowly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AN292

AN292

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump for any other ideas. Thanks. Lower ball joints look fine on the outside, no cracks, rips, leaks etc.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Control Arm Bushings! Could even be body and frame bushings now that these are getting on in years. The rubber has almost certainly shrunk by now.

OP
OP
AN292

AN292

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Control Arm Bushings! Could even be body and frame bushings now that these are getting on in years. The rubber has almost certainly shrunk by now.
Only ones left would be the lower control arms, which are the hardest to get to. My front suspension is almost all brand new. The lower control arm ball joints are the one thing I haven't gotten to

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had someone tighten down the cross member bolts below oil pan and the lower control arm bolts. One or the other fixes my popping. I'm leaning more towards the cross member bolts as my friend at the alignment shop said he could tell they were moving a bit by the marks on the Xmember.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had someone tighten down the cross member bolts below oil pan and the lower control arm bolts. One or the other fixes my popping. I'm leaning more towards the cross member bolts as my friend at the alignment shop said he could tell they were moving a bit by the marks on the Xmember.

This happened to me a few years back. Finally gave up and took it to the dealer for them to diagnose, and they removed the cross member bolts, cleaned the mating surface, and reinstalled them and torqued to spec. That seemed to fix my issue.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happened to me a few years back. Finally gave up and took it to the dealer for them to diagnose, and they removed the cross member bolts, cleaned the mating surface, and reinstalled them and torqued to spec. That seemed to fix my issue.
This be the problem that caused them to slide around. My mechanic noticed the indentation in the crud where the bolts where shifting around. I may take then off and hit the cross member with a wire brush and decrease and retorque.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep