Pocket style fender flares on 2007 NNBS Suburban?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hulln1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone installed pocket style fender flares for an Avalanche in a NNBS 2007 or newer Suburban?
737a8197e084634bed4c7f1d2d460b00.jpg
I found a picture of one in here but can't tell how the rear looks. How the rear bumper worked with it or had to trim to fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Hulln1

Hulln1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What I could do with a build budget!! Thanks for the link.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That Turban is a badass build - never thought of glow in the dark springs. The Z-71 flares will have a gap where front bumper meets quarter unless you swap the whole front end to Z-71 style...

OP
OP
Hulln1

Hulln1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've considered z71 but heard about the gap issue and not looking to swap out the whole front. Always liked the look of the pockets and always had a blast t of a redneck streak to me as well. With the wheels and tires in going for I think the pockets will look nice and give me better coverage on my black suburban. I'm not doing the bulbar up front but I am looking at getting a roof rack system to easily load my kayaks or canoe, just haven't decided yet.

OneTwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pocket style flares only do it for me on lifted rigs, usually.

If you get some wide, low-offset wheels that stick out past the fender a substantial amount, you might be able to pull it off at stock height. However, there's nothing worse than huge flares on a narrow, high-offset tire/wheel setup where the flares sticks out 4" past the wheels.

Ryan7300

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone installed pocket style fender flares for an Avalanche in a NNBS 2007 or newer Suburban? 737a8197e084634bed4c7f1d2d460b00.jpg I found a picture of one in here but can't tell how the rear looks. How the rear bumper worked with it or had to trim to fit.

Great looking Suburban! What Fender flares are these? Having trouble finding a cool set for my suburban.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but what does pocket style mean?
Do you have to cut the factory fender to fit the new fender? Like Liberty Walk or Rauh Welt?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645