Please help!!!! Electrical problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danielh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So here is the back story we have a 2006 chevy suburban and back in December I pulled the radio out and it then quit working when I put it back in (after narket radio) so I messed with the wire harness connected some wires and it worked again just fine. Fast forward to February. I parked it and everything was fine, next day the radio wouldn't work, also the power locks, 4 wheel drive switch, and just some of the gages and the battery light was on, took it to my mechanic and he checked the alternator and the battery and all the electrical wires that he could see. Then gave up, then I took it to a guy at our church that works on cars and he rechecked the battery and alternator and switched out the instrument panel and replace the ignition switch and still nothing. He said if you hold the ignition switch all the way over it will work for a few minutes at best and then instrument panel and 4-wheel drive switch well quit working again, this happened with the old ignition switch and the new ignition switch. Help please!!!!!!!!!@

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a wire that goes between the battery and the alternator. It is known to corrode/go bad, even though it is fully sheathed in plastic. THAT might be your problem. Otherwise, you will need to get a meter and check for power at each of those systems, and maybe even resistance, to track down the system that is messed up. Finally, check all your grounds. This doesn't seem like a grounding problem, based on your description, but it won't hurt.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and for the record the radio is most likely not the cause of your other issue's and is possibly just another symptom of a power issue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907