Plastic Trim paint ( on sides of rear hatch window)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T3rry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lots of people have done it, best would be to have a shop paint match it professionally, but if you dot want to spend that much coin, the rattle cans of colour match paint should work fine as long as your original point isn't too faded.

OP
OP
W

wertyu78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where can i get a rattle can that will match my color?
Any tips when i do rattle can it?

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
dealer should give you a spray can with your paint matched if you want. i used one once to repaint the valence of my ss camaro after ripping it off in a parking lot. matched perfectly

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Go to your local auto parts store, check your number either on your inside door frame, or glove box, and it will tell you the color code. Then go to the auto store, and they should have it. Or just use Krylon Plastic paint, and if your color matches up, and like said above, isn't faded, it should match well. Or just take it to a shop. But I'd do it myself, super easy. Make sure you prep well, sand down to rough it up, use a wax remover, then either primer, or just use plastic paint, and lots of clear coat. let dry good and your done. easy

Attachments

• new 282.jpg
    new 282.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 25
  • tahoe 001.jpg
    tahoe 001.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 33
  • new 283.jpg
    new 283.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 38

ActSwedish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know if they are removabe or not, but either way go to a friendly paintshop.
I work with painting cars, im gonna paint mine aswell. You need a plastic primer and clearcoating it in the end. If they are good guys they will do it for some lunchmoney ;)

And it will look and last better if you let them do it, if they are good at what they do that is :)

But if you feel comfortable doing it yourself, go ahead and do it, you can always let a shop do it if it turns bad. :)

Regards

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ exactly. im gonna try to prep and paint my grille shell myself. if i **** it up no big deal, i was gonna get it painted anyway

ROBERTOcritser

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269