Plastic side steps and bumper trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use 303 aerospace on my Z71 plastics, works really well and adds UV protection. Ive heard good things about mothers back to black as well

+1 on the 303...great stuff for black composite parts. Satin sheen with UV protection but without artificial looking gloss.

Blkout02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
either back to black or just try spray tire shine works well i use that on my fender walls

biggb20042001

Reaction score
i use meguiar's gold class trim detailer. works great with little shine and does not make anything slippery.

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you could degrease/ clean the plastic really well and then hit it with some clear coat paint. Then they would be shiny all of the time.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the Mothers back to black on my BMW trim. It looked good for a few days but it doesnt last. I need to try some of the other methods above.

madodger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heard some others on the forum saying Lemon Pledge was best. Back to black is what I've used but makes the side steps slippery as hell.

I guess pledge would be even worse and you would smell lemons in the garage...although thats not a bad thing in my garage.

LaxinFish29

Reaction score
I've used pledge on the pastiche trim on all my vehicles, works like a charm.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn