Plastic side steps and bumper trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is a good way to clean and bring the glossy black color back into these? I don't want to use anything that will cause the wife or kids to slip getting in. Is there a process that I can do to avoid that yet get the results I want?

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use 303 aerospace on my Z71 plastics, works really well and adds UV protection. Ive heard good things about mothers back to black as well

OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have used back to black in teh past. I will try it on there and see how slippery it is on the steps

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is a good way to clean and bring the glossy black color back into these? I don't want to use anything that will cause the wife or kids to slip getting in. Is there a process that I can do to avoid that yet get the results I want?

I use armor all. But I have no kids... yet.

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only bad thing bout shine on the bumper plastic is when it rains, it WILL streak down the bumper. But, it does look good shined up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may screw around with some fine sand paper and see what happens. Something along the lines of wet sanding and buffing

gdddup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mothers back to black..

x2 mothers b2b is awesome. ive also used lemon pledge on the running boards and bumper steps. leaves them clean and natural.m not greasy or slippery

RJI2010

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Use some good old Peanut Butter.. Seriously. I was skeptical at first as well like WTF!! but yea peanut butter works real well I use it for the plastic side steps, bumper trim, and fender flares. It works great with the white oxidized look left over from wax and what not on the trim. check it out on youtube.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts