Plastic inner fenders splash guard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nosho47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys recommend keeping that plastic inner fender splash guard? My Tahoe is lowered and is now coming off. I was thinking about just removing it and keeping it off.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Do you guys recommend keeping that plastic inner fender splash guard? My Tahoe is lowered and is now coming off. I was thinking about just removing it and keeping it off.
I would. Just keeps all the crap out of the engine bay. You could always use a heat gun to shape it too.

Reaction score
I'd keep them on. I'm actually in need of some fasteners for the liners on my 07 Yukon at the moment. If you decide to take them off, would you mind measuring the push in fasteners or the holes? Mine are all pretty much gone going into the fenders and the bumpers are falling off because the brackets are broken. If I go on the highway over 60mph, the right side of the rear bumper pops off and acts like a parachute.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@Peter Tremonti, go to a GM parts web site like gmpartsdirect.com, enter your vehicle info or VIN, and go to Body, Fender & Components, and get the part numbers. Don't rely on the numbers in the example below; they may or may not be right for your truck. Then shop there or on flea bay, Amazon, etc.

upload_2020-6-9_15-55-59.png

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd keep them on. I'm actually in need of some fasteners for the liners on my 07 Yukon at the moment. If you decide to take them off, would you mind measuring the push in fasteners or the holes? Mine are all pretty much gone going into the fenders and the bumpers are falling off because the brackets are broken. If I go on the highway over 60mph, the right side of the rear bumper pops off and acts like a parachute.
Here you go.
https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Push-Type-Retainer-GM-Ford-Chrysler-p/pas1860-25.htm

Reaction score

Fless said:
@Peter Tremonti, go to a GM parts web site like gmpartsdirect.com, enter your vehicle info or VIN, and go to Body, Fender & Components, and get the part numbers. Don't rely on the numbers in the example below; they may or may not be right for your truck. Then shop there or on flea bay, Amazon, etc.

Thank you sirs. I appreciate it!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a bag of 50 -- maybe 40 by now -- hanging in the garage on the pegboard. They fit lots of things on the cars, including my Ferd.
I use a lot of them. I’m always pulling fender liners or core support covers or other things off and they get messed up. I like them to look unmolested so I replace them as needed.

muncie21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a bag of 50 -- maybe 40 by now -- hanging in the garage on the pegboard. They fit lots of things on the cars, including my Ferd.

Where's the best (read cheapest) place to pick a bag or two (different sizes) up at?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got mine on eBay, but only one size -- the one I needed. While the plastic may tend to be of a little less quality than OE, I have plenty of them and they're not expensive. The link @Rocket Man posted has a decent price and they probably have other sizes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076