Plan to remove body lift..need a little help..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smoke Em All

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than removing the body bolts and lowering the body and replacing the bolts are there any tricks to making it easier without a lift?

Also does anyone have a good closeup pic of the front and rear stock bumper mounting locations preferably with out the bumpers mounted. I will need to remove the relocation mounts and want to make sure everything I need for re-mounting in stock location.

2003 Tahoe LT loaded!! 3" body lift Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/65/18..

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Everything should be there. You'll probably need to adjust your bumper brackets (on the bumper) to line them up correctly. Don't forget your steering extension, and make sure your fuel filler line doesn't kink because of the added piece.

OP
OP
Smoke Em All

Smoke Em All

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I had to put this off due to my relocation. Now that I'm settled in I'm ready to get this behind me. It looks pretty straight forward except I don't have a lift so I'm curious as to how I should go about lifting the body. I am also having trouble finding the factory sized body bolts to replace the longer bolts used with the body spacers. If anyone has some ideas id be grateful.

h8nbmps

Reaction score
Ok I had to put this off due to my relocation. Now that I'm settled in I'm ready to get this behind me. It looks pretty straight forward except I don't have a lift so I'm curious as to how I should go about lifting the body. I am also having trouble finding the factory sized body bolts to replace the longer bolts used with the body spacers. If anyone has some ideas id be grateful.
Take 1 bolt out and take it to tractor supply co.get one 3 inches shorter you should also have a steering adapter on it that has to b removed.if i was going to jack it up i would use 2 2x4 sistered together run the length of the truck and jack from them

OP
OP
Smoke Em All

Smoke Em All

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stopped in a salvage yard to see if they'd let me pull some bolts from a couple of there trucks. The guys was trying to get every cent he could outta me lol. Tractor supply may be a cheaper route lol.

h8nbmps

Reaction score
Plus they are not stretched yet...it makes life easier with new threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse