Ebay reverse camera install write-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got mine a couple days ago. Fits in that cubby area great, just like a factory piece. I have yet to run the wires because I'm trying to use my existing wiring which is just the yellow RCA for video instead of the s video this system uses. Hoping to find an adapter so I don't have to run the new wires.

Mr.Joshua

Reaction score
Just finished the install on my Wife's Tahoe. It's cooler than i had expected. My truck was parked perpendicular 6' behind the Tahoe and you could see the whole truck...you could also see the entire receiver hitch too. Only had about 4" of "slack" wire left at the monitor.

My buddy came by to check it out and is ordering one tonight for his truck

Thanks again for the "how to" and the Ebay links...my girl is going flip when she sees it!:D

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dash seems to be different than everyone's. My radio doesn't bolt in, it slides in and there are plastics tabs that hold it in place. With that said, I can't get the left side of the screens mount all the way in because the plastic where the HVAC attaches on the right side is sticking too far over and blocking it. I took out the Dremel, but if I keep shaving, there will b no bezel left for the HVAC to attach to. Am I the only one with thi type of dash?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 78

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess would be that is because you have the pre '03+ dash... People with that style of dash are usually S.O.L. when it comes to things like this and have to modify things to fit right.

I have done the double din conversion and mounted my reverse camera to go with the DD

FishinCricket

GMC Salesman
Reaction score
Crap.. Just ordered one in for a buddy and it worked fine until I installed it! :(

The only thing I can see that is any different on his than mine is that I already had a light wired to my back up lights so I just tapped into that on mine, whereas on his truck we just pulled the tail light and spliced into the two wires...

Could it be the ground wire not having a solid contact on the taillight itself? :scratches_head:

FishinCricket

GMC Salesman
Reaction score
Crap.. Just ordered one in for a buddy and it worked fine until I installed it! :(

The only thing I can see that is any different on his than mine is that I already had a light wired to my back up lights so I just tapped into that on mine, whereas on his truck we just pulled the tail light and spliced into the two wires...

Could it be the ground wire not having a solid contact on the taillight itself? :scratches_head:

Update: looks like it was a faulty monitor.. I took the one out of my Yukon and plugged it in and it works fine... Now to get with the seller and see about replacing it. :(

OP
OP
dropmech

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
Update: looks like it was a faulty monitor.. I took the one out of my Yukon and plugged it in and it works fine... Now to get with the seller and see about replacing it. :(

There seemed to be a rash of bad monitors a couple years back with this set up. A few people had to send it back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seeker