Pirelli AS plus 3 vs Michelin Defenders LTX M/S

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I care about a soft comfortable ride and having it quite. Of course performance I care about to. Not really dealing with snow

My tire guy seems like the Pirelli better then the Michelin. Looking for opinions ?
Based only on your comments, I'd agree with your tire guy. I'm a fan of the LTX (currently have two sets on other trucks), but I don't think they will be quite as quiet or as comfortable if that's your priority since they are designed as a light truck tire. Tread wear, yes. Occasional snow, yes. Load handling, yes. Performance handling, maybe. Quiet and soft ride, not as much. That's not usually the highest priority for a "truck" tire.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based only on your comments, I'd agree with your tire guy. I'm a fan of the LTX (currently have two sets on other trucks), but I don't think they will be quite as quiet or as comfortable if that's your priority since they are designed as a light truck tire. Tread wear, yes. Occasional snow, yes. Load handling, yes. Performance handling, maybe. Quiet and soft ride, not as much. That's not usually the highest priority for a "truck" tire.
I will chime in with the fact that I’m rolling on bigger Michelin defenders. I’m running a 275/60/R20 tire. I had them put on February 2022 and three days after install I drove from Southern California to just north of Salt Lake City, did roughly 1500 miles round trip mostly highway and they were quiet as could be. Never any road noise. I’ve been on several road trips since and I live in the mountains so I drive up and down all the time to lower cities and highways and there’s never any road noise from them whatsoever.

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice car!!!! Viciously fast! Watched a couple of YouTube reviewers going WOT and my G-D...the sound alone is beastly!

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Michelin makes pretty good performance and light truck tires. I wish they would be able to certify their popular all season high tires as three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) tires.

OP
OP
D

Delta33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ended up with the Pirelli. As others have said the Michelin is a great tire. These are the two top tires for this truck. Spoke to snitched tire shop and they both said the Pirelli will be a little better with handling. Both will be very smooth a quite. Maybe when these wear out I’ll try the Michelin

acapote86

Reaction score
I ended up with the Pirelli. As others have said the Michelin is a great tire. These are the two top tires for this truck. Spoke to snitched tire shop and they both said the Pirelli will be a little better with handling. Both will be very smooth a quite. Maybe when these wear out I’ll try the Michelin
Can’t go wrong!

MainahBob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently got an Escalade V. It came with the standard Bridgestones.

Looking to replace it with either Pirelli scorpion AS Plus 3 or The Michelin defenders.

I care about a soft comfortable ride and having it quite. Of course performance I care about to. Not really dealing with snow

My tire guy seems like the Pirelli better then the Michelin. Looking for opinions ?
I have the Michelin Defenders on my 2016 Tahoe. Huge upgrade over the OEM Bridgestones. Very quiet and nice tight controlled ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts