Pirelli AS plus 3 vs Michelin Defenders LTX M/S

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Delta33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently got an Escalade V. It came with the standard Bridgestones.

Looking to replace it with either Pirelli scorpion AS Plus 3 or The Michelin defenders.

I care about a soft comfortable ride and having it quite. Of course performance I care about to. Not really dealing with snow

My tire guy seems like the Pirelli better then the Michelin. Looking for opinions ?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Tires are certainly a personal choice, and I've never run the Pirelli Scorpion tire. My Defenders have never let me down, but there are probably folks on this Forum with Pirelli Scorpion tire experience, and they will chime in.

OP
OP
D

Delta33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Tires are certainly a personal choice, and I've never run the Pirelli Scorpion tire. My Defenders have never let me down, but there are probably folks on this Forum with Pirelli Scorpion tire experience, and they will chime in.
Thank you. I look forward to participating and hearing opinions from Others. I’m pretty active in other car forums so I look forward to it here.

I attached a few photos.

Attachments

• 6289487B-772D-4C06-ABBE-0D44E666AB06.jpeg
    6289487B-772D-4C06-ABBE-0D44E666AB06.jpeg
    514.2 KB · Views: 41
  • F2F83EF9-C78B-4CDB-B664-45D0C897E717.jpeg
    F2F83EF9-C78B-4CDB-B664-45D0C897E717.jpeg
    540.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 56AC487F-C781-4B47-932E-AD5B56C6C864.jpeg
    56AC487F-C781-4B47-932E-AD5B56C6C864.jpeg
    425.5 KB · Views: 42

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently got an Escalade V. It came with the standard Bridgestones.

Looking to replace it with either Pirelli scorpion AS Plus 3 or The Michelin defenders.

I care about a soft comfortable ride and having it quite. Of course performance I care about to. Not really dealing with snow

My tire guy seems like the Pirelli better than the Michelin. Looking for opinions ?
IMO pirelli is nothing more than a popular name. Michelins are popular in this forum.

I’m biased though because my wife’s MB has pirellis and the tread life is awful. I frequent some other forums for her car and it seems the pirellis just aren’t what they used to be. (She’s also running low pro run flats)

OP
OP
D

Delta33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMO pirelli is nothing more than a popular name. Michelins are popular in this forum.

I’m biased though because my wife’s MB has pirellis and the tread life is awful. I frequent some other forums for her car and it seems the pirellis just aren’t what they used to be. (She’s also running low pro run flats)
Tread life and Pirelli low profile certisnly
Isn’t good.

I had these on my 21, and thought they were good but never had the defenders. I’m torn 50/50 between these and the defenders. Heard great about both.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pirelli’s are softer and won’t wear as well, but I’ll say they look and are a hair more “premium SUV” than the Michelin. But nothing wears better and does the job better than Michelin, day in and day out….

texasdriver

Reaction score
Welcome! Nothing to add, but holy cow that’s a nice V! Enjoy the truck.

OP
OP
D

Delta33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pirelli’s are softer and won’t wear as well, but I’ll say they look and are a hair more “premium SUV” than the Michelin. But nothing wears better and does the job better than Michelin, day in and day out….
Seems like this answers my question thank you. I’m okay with it not wearing as well. I care more about the ride, handling , softness and noise. Can’t even go by price since Michelin is more expressive

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like this answers my question thank you. I’m okay with it not wearing as well. I care more about the ride, handling , softness and noise. Can’t even go by price since Michelin is more expressive
I had Perelli‘s on my last Jeep grand Cherokee and they were probably the best handling, pretty doggone good in the rain, and definitely the best looking tires I had on it. Unfortunately I only got about 32K out them. To me, Michelin look more like RV PU truck delivery tires, but their performances is unquestioned….
And I do have them on my RAM 2500…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne