pioneer flip out 03 denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roc0511

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok, I just posted the other day asking about the best trim kit for the install of my pioneer flip out. with the most response leaning on metra brand i went ahead and bought that. my next set of questions are 1. what else do i need to get? is the harness i need the same as a regular aftermarket radio harness? 2. do i need antenna adapter? 3. should i expect any difficulties with the install? just a little info about what im working with, pionner p-5700dvd flip out.
thanks

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to keep the door chimes and Onstar, I would suggest a Pac-1 harness to retain all the factory functions. Not sure about 2003 but my 2000 required an antenna adapter.

OP
OP
R

roc0511

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well i think i am giving up on this thing. only one out of the four harnesses i bought actually fit my factory harness and even that i had to move one of the hot wires to another spot to match my factory harness. now i get power but it will not go off!!!! so i guess beings as my factory radio does not turn off till the door is opened i do not actually have a ignition 12v wire?? to add to all this even when i tested with power there was no sound out of the system... FML this is a huge pain in my ass!!!! needless to say i think i will be paying someone to install for me unless someone can make some any suggestions to help..

txsmainevent

"The Lurker"
Reaction score
You dont need a module to watch dvds. The brake wire that is on the flip out just needs to be grounded. I dont use onstrar and dont care about door chimes. I bought the wiring kit for my truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
natenate