Pioneer 4100NEX installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
vt_hokie2008

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And btw, the analog amp means you need to wire up the harness to the rear wire harness that comes with the kit. If you're keeping steering wheel controls with axxess, there's an android app that's very helpful for mapping the buttons if you want to customize them a bit (I did). You'll need a cable for it though

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Blakefamily

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank You. We are going to be using the male to female right angle adapter plugs so the cable go down instead of back ( where there isn't much room) So I will grab two and we will go from there. Thanks for answering my questions :)

OP
OP
vt_hokie2008

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're welcome, hope it goes smoothly for you

Gunner112

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, Just got a quick question about this HU and the gmc steering wheel control..Installed the 4100 into my 2012 Bose fitted truck and I have steering wheel volume but i cant seem to get the phone or microphone working from the wheel. android auto or not. Microphone works if i push the button on the screen but shouldn't it be activated by the wheel button as well? Thanks guys.

OP
OP
vt_hokie2008

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, Just got a quick question about this HU and the gmc steering wheel control..Installed the 4100 into my 2012 Bose fitted truck and I have steering wheel volume but i cant seem to get the phone or microphone working from the wheel. android auto or not. Microphone works if i push the button on the screen but shouldn't it be activated by the wheel button as well? Thanks guys.
If you're using the Axxess module I highly recommend the smartphone app, makes setting it up much much easier. Mine stopped working for a but and I recrimped the connection to the steering controls wire and it's been fine every since. I'd like to go back and solder some of my connections (such as reverse wire) to eliminate the sometimes flaky functionality (backup cam stopped working, I recrimped; steering wheel controls stopped too)

Gunner112

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks for the reply, so i guess i don't have the ability to activate microphone or use the phone just from the wheel I installed the app, Thanks

OP
OP
vt_hokie2008

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply, so i guess i don't have the ability to activate microphone or use the phone just from the wheel I installed the app, Thanks
I assigned a button to the microphone and it works fine. I used the one that looks like a person's face. I made up/down arrows next/previous track and don't really remember what I did with the others (apparently I don't use those enough to know)

Gunner112

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's what I am looking for..U used the app to assign buttons? Did u need u use special cable from the module to Your phone? Really appreciate yer help here..I have been looking for days trying to find info.

OP
OP
vt_hokie2008

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I am looking for..U used the app to assign buttons? Did u need u use special cable from the module to Your phone? Really appreciate yer help here..I have been looking for days trying to find info.
Yep, the app is much easier to assign buttons. I think it's android only and requires an OTG cable: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B4GGW5Q/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_sbD5wbHWKS1NF

You plug that cable into your phone, then plug a micro usb cable into that cable and into the Axxess unit (if I'm remembering all this correctly).

OP
OP
vt_hokie2008

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately all of this info isn't well documented anywhere, so I happened to stumble upon it. Metra phone support is actually pretty knowledgeable too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefable