Pics of my turbo build so far.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE-HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got pretty far on my turbo set-up this weekend so I figured I would post up some pictures of the progress so far.....

Here is where my Tahoe has been sitting for over a year with no motor. so you can imagine the frame is pretty rusted.
IMG_1055.jpg
IMG_1057.jpg

It started out as a stock 5.3 with 70k miles on it out of a silverado. I put a comp reverse-split cam in it, an ls2 timing chain, ls2 oil pump, ls7 lifters, comp 7.4 pushrods, and a set of 5.3 heads that have been slightly ported and had bigger intake valves.
IMG_1059.jpg

Once the motor was in it had a bad tick, so I had to take the head off to replace a bad lifter with a new one.
IMG_1075.jpg

Once the engine ran fine I began to put together the turbo kit. Here is the turbo manifold made by Kyle Brown that I heat wrapped.
IMG_1078.jpg

This is what the plug wires look like with the manifold installed, I bought wire covers, because they were really close to the manifold.
IMG_1104.jpg

Here you can see the pipe clearance between the down pipe and the cross over pipe. The down pipe is 3 inch, and I had to do some bending of the heat shield and AC components to make it not rub anything. Also there is a picture of the JGS waste-gate installed between the downpipe and the crossover pipe.
IMG_1081.jpg
IMG_1080.jpg

Here is the turbo installed, Everything fit ok, i did have to do some modifying so things didn't get too hot. I do have a turbo blanket on the way also.
IMG_1105.jpg
IMG_1079.jpg

Lastly, here is the inter-cooler when installed. I had to do a little modification but in reality it all fit great. So far this kit has been fairly easy to install, its just a little time consuming.
IMG_1086.jpg
IMG_1082.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas